Xen Product Manager [Deleted]

does this work with the user upgrade system? Cause it would be an excellent way to promote and keep track of the user upgrades thur this product manager.

Technically, it can replace the user upgrade system.

It doesn't have some of the features such as the "Disabled User Upgrades" stuff, which is useful if you want to offer different upgrades at different tiers. So, if that isn't required, it could work.

Each product, once purchased, can activate a "license" for X period of time and add the recipient to a "licensed" user group.

Now, clearly the terminology within XPM doesn't really make sense in the context of user upgrades. But, you could update phrases like "Active Licenses" to "Active Upgrades" and "Products" to "Upgrades" etc. But I could see it working.

Let me know if you have any other questions about it.

OK i get it!

The reason why i am asking is because I love the way XPM Looks. It showcases the product in a real good way, and gives the customers the feel as if they are shopping in a real store. With my site i will be using the upgrade system for not only premium account purchases, but other transactions that members can make. After they make the transactions i wanted to reward them with an icon, just how they receive an icon for becoming premium member if set up properly with using user groups. So I could reward members with icons for their purchases thru XPM if the icon is assigned to the user group correct.

The Tiers feature in xenforo I'm not familiar with.
It doesn't have some of the features such as the "Disabled User Upgrades" stuff, which is useful if you want to offer different upgrades at different tiers.

So on twitch.tv if you subscribe to channel of your favorite streamer, You get an icon next to your user name while in chat for that streamer. If you stay subbed for a full year, and enter into your second year of paid subscription to that channel, you get a year 2 icon. So each year you get new icons to show how long your supported that streamer.
Is that the kind of tier system available in xenforo upgrade system. Would that be something that could be implemented into XPM.

That would be nice, but no, it's something different.

It just means that while one upgrade is active, other upgrades can be disabled. Possibly better explained by the XF text itself:
Disables the selected user upgrades while this upgrade is active. This is helpful if you have tiers of the same upgrade and don't want people to buy multiple levels.

Does this have an option to import users who are already in a Premium usergroup that was created using the XF upgrades system, or would users have to be manually added to XFPM?

Thanks.
Can users be manually added without it sending an email to the upgraded users. From experience, this causes so much confusion. Maybe just disable emails until the affected users have been moved over (Silently)?

Yeah they would ordinarily get an email. Disabling emails until the licenses are converted is an option. Or I could just tell you which line of code to comment out to prevent the emails going out. That might be better to avoid preventing legit emails from being missed.

Can the Activate Licence URL field be changed to something else, like a valid email or something like a code?
What if the customer doesnt have a website? Is the form field forced to be a URL that is entered?
Looks like something i could be interested in.

You can disable the requirement to "activate" the license. In which case the contents of the license are immediately downloadable without needing to enter a URL or site title.

Thanks,
So if we were to use this as the user upgrade system, the upgrade to the special usergroup would be automatic after they pay with Paypal, even though they dont physically activate a licence?
We want to use it to upgrade a members usergroup automatically after payment, then add the optional extras once upgraded. Is this feasible?

Hey Chris,

We recently removed some products from our store however the licenses still appear on the license page. You can't actually click anything, the download/update buttons are broke and don't lead to anything of use. Have you seen this before?

What version are you running? I believe this was fixed in one of the more recon updates.

Top Bottom