Xen Product Manager [Deleted]

Looks fantastic. Good luck with it Chris. Unfortunately have no digital products to sell, but would loved to have bought a copy if just to support the developer if the price was cheaper (akin to when Resource Manager was first released, people just bought it without even having a need for it to support the development). Best wishes and look forward to seeing this product evolve over time :)

Hi, still not clearly understand how this add-on works. Is this add a new type of thread; product threads? Or this is just for forum owner to sell products to the forum members? Can it work with the item in the Showcase?

It looks like Chris has made this more for licensing and tracking of digital products (IE software, etc).. not physical goods.

It looks like Chris has made this more for licensing and tracking of digital products (IE software, etc).. not physical goods.

Yep the description :D

Sell licenses for digital products and manage optional extras and renewals all within XenForo

I have a couple of questions:
  1. Is it possible that a user be moved to multiple secondary user groups?
  2. What happen to user's user group when License expired?
  3. Can guest "add to cart" and just register on checkout?
  4. Can Admin view download logs?
  5. Is there an option to manually approve purchases?

Last edited:
Would it be possible to set some sort of crowd-fund up with this?
I would be happy to add that feature. I will be setting up a pozzible crowd fund momentarily to fund it :sneaky:

Looks fantastic. Good luck with it Chris. Unfortunately have no digital products to sell, but would loved to have bought a copy if just to support the developer if the price was cheaper (akin to when Resource Manager was first released, people just bought it without even having a need for it to support the development). Best wishes and look forward to seeing this product evolve over time :)

Thanks tajhay. Actually I partially based pricing on the fact that I only want people to buy it if they need it. But I do appreciate the thought and best wishes.

Hi, still not clearly understand how this add-on works. Is this add a new type of thread; product threads? Or this is just for forum owner to sell products to the forum members? Can it work with the item in the Showcase?

This is to sell digital downloads/licenses to forum members. It will mostly appeal to people who sell their products through the Resource Manager.

Great Going. Hope this gets extended to support sale of physical products as well :)

If I'm honest: It's unlikely. I have written this primarily for myself, but I would urge people not to even consider buying it unless they are solely wanting to sell digital products.

I have a couple of questions:
  1. Is it possible that a user be moved to multiple secondary user groups?
  2. What happen to user's user group when License expired?
  3. Can guest "add to cart" and just register on checkout?
  4. Can Admin view download logs?
  5. Is there an option to manually approve purchases?

1) No, it's just one secondary group.
2) They are removed from the user group.
3) If a guest tries to add a product to their cart they are taken to a login/register screen at the moment
4) Yes and no. I want to improve this over time. Currently some info is logged for each version and the database can be interrogated for more information, but I want to improve the logging and expose it in different ways over time. Mostly features are going to be added based on what I discover I need as I'm using it and what we have so far is the essential stuff I need for my own use at the moment.
5) It depends exactly how you envisage that working. There is a permission that would prevent users from purchasing products. So, typical example, @Brogan may well start using it on his support site to sell Featured Threads. Brogan will probably still wish to communicate with the purchaser before they pay and make payment arrangements directly. Once they have paid and registered on his site, he can add the licenses for the user. Further more you can also remove the permission to activate/update licenses. That would mean they would need an admin/moderator to input the site title and URL before the user can download.

Well, this add on looks bloody fantastic and I eagerly awaited it's release having seen it in use on xenmods. My site sells digital products; they are actually downloadable PDF files (educational)...
@Chris D I was so excited by this release but it seems it won't fit my needs because of the licencing factors - my users entering a URL for instance makes no sense to my usage. Can I suggest the first round of improvements and developments address the fact that not all digital products are website add ons. Had it not been for this issue, the mod would be perfect to sell e-books, video, music, templates and graphics, etc. If the licencing aspects were made optional at a per product level then this mod would be instantly more appealing to a great many more sites. :)

I look forward to seeing this develop further.

While I do not own this add-on myself (thus cannot review it) I have used it over at the XenMods.com website and must say that this add-on is just fantastic.
Not only does it look great but it is also pact with features for both the seller and customer.
Ordering, downloading, and viewing your products couldn't be easier or clearer.
Congrats Chris on a great add-on.

Wow.

This is much better than mine, and cheaper. In fact, if I had the funds, and this supported Stripe, and there was no renewal fee, I would replace mine with this one...

Liam

Last edited:
So close yet so far from a store that supports physical products too.

Despite the jibe at the crowd funding, I know @Chris D actively supports his stuff unlike someone else. I'd be happy to put £XXX where my mouth was to see it happen. So many are crying out for it and Chris is one of the few I'd trust to do it.

Please consider it Chris, even if the likes of myself, @Sheldon and others put the money towards it. I am turning into Gollum here - "ME WANTS IT"

Of course you can still download 2.1.5. You can easily try this yourself with your own license, right? Just go to Products and click on "Expired Licenses". You do need to "Activate" your license first. This is the process of assigning your license to your URL. Once you do that, you can download 2.1.5.

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply man. I did have a look and try to activate the licence to make a download before making that post but I couldn't figure out how. Do I have to pay for the renewal first?

As I'd rather just download the latest version (that my licence was valid for) and renew once the next big release is out. Is that possible? Or is it just like this just because it's the new system and I didn't have a previously active licence in the system's eyes?

Top Bottom