Xen Notices [Deleted]

Is there a way to change the width of the display notification?
It looks like its set to 275px. I am trying to add a video that it slightly larger than that and its breaking the display.

Feature Summary
  • Permission controlled management of notices on the front end
  • Edit your notice content with a proper HTML editor, powered by Redactor
  • Additional tokens for replacement inside notices including {board_url}, {board_title}, {page_title} and more
  • Easy custom styling of floating notices using the XenForo colour picker
  • Display a floating notice every day showing "Today's Birthdays"
  • Automatic notice reset system. Allow your notices to be automatically reset every X (hours|days|weeks|months)
Product Details
In 2012 I released the Notifications add-on which proved to be very popular and ultimately inspired some of the new features added to Notices for XenForo 1.5. Not all of the features from Notifications could be added and this sadly left some people who were unable to move their Notifications to the new floating notices of XenForo 1.5.

Xen Notices aims to bridge this gap. The best of the remaining features from Notifications (and one or two more) have now been brought over to XenForo.

Upgrading to Xen Notices from Notifications
Xen Notices is a completely new add-on, therefore it can be installed side-by-side the Notifications add-on. No data is transferred between them so your existing notifications will need to be recreated as notices.

How to download Xen Notices
Xen Notices is completely free to existing Notifications users, but the distribution of the add-on is moving to Xen Resources. To claim your free Xen Notices licenses, you will need to register at Xen Resources, and click the "Claim License" button (just above the Add to Cart button).

You will need your FetchApp order number and the email address it was sent to. You will have been sent an email with these details a fairly large number of times. The email subject will be similar to "Downloads for Order 854450387174967" and the email will be sent from notifications@fetchapp.com.

Once you populate your order number and email address, the license will be automatically assigned to you. If you are unable to for whatever reason, then start a conversation with me with as many details as possible.

Extremely generous of you, Chris. I would have happily paid for this as a new addon or even upgrade. Thank you :)
Yep - that's one of the reasons he's in the top 5 range of my favorite developers.. and I also know a shaggy person that got a free copy (or should be) for a certain thievery design site.

Thank you @Chris D for this excellent update to the Notifications add-on. Xen Notices is just what we needed to bring all the features from that (and more) to the XenForo notices system. The new birthdays notice is great too, especially as it now works on recently active users only rather than everyone. :)

So, you we get a special banner over on Xen Resources? ;) Not that there are any issues currently but would you prefer any posted over there or on here?

So, you we get a special banner over on Xen Resources? ;) Not that there are any issues currently but would you prefer any posted over there or on here?
Yes, a yellow one!

Either really. There's never a great deal of activity so forcing it over there might be overkill. Certainly if you're there any way and you want to start a thread you can do so in the newly named "General Pre-Sales and Support Questions" forum.

Also, I should thank @Martok because he kindly helped do a bit of testing. Thank you :) I should note, however, that the version I released may well be different to the version you have (there was a minor bug - I actually can't remember what it was...) so you should probably claim your license at XR.com and download the current version.

Also, I should thank @Martok because he kindly helped do a bit of testing. Thank you :) I should note, however, that the version I released may well be different to the version you have (there was a minor bug - I actually can't remember what it was...) so you should probably claim your license at XR.com and download the current version.
It was no problem, only a bit of testing really. Already claimed and installed the version from over there, I always do this with public releases. :D

I've also already styled the birthday notices, just background and font colour plus some additional text at this stage. For anyone else who wants to do this, this can be done using the xennotices_birthday_message and xennotices_birthday_message.css templates.

Last edited:
Possibly obvious answer to this, but I'm just running out the door @Chris D : Unregistered have zero access to my site whatsoever. Can I still use this to show them a notice about what they'd get access to if they signed up?

(I'm guessing yes, because that sounds sensible) :D

Yes; this works the same as the default XF notice system. So it works on the same criteria. You can target notices to unregistered users. This really just extends the default Notices system and adds the following features:
Feature Summary
  • Permission controlled management of notices on the front end
  • Edit your notice content with a proper HTML editor, powered by Redactor
  • Additional tokens for replacement inside notices including {board_url}, {board_title}, {page_title} and more
  • Easy custom styling of floating notices using the XenForo colour picker
  • Display a floating notice every day showing "Today's Birthdays"
  • Automatic notice reset system. Allow your notices to be automatically reset every X (hours|days|weeks|months)

I have the old notifications add on, can you explain a bit more what this is? Is this a free upgrade for existing customers? What is the difference in a "explain like I'm 5" sort of way?

Top Bottom