Xen Notices [Deleted]

Erm. This is the notifications thread.

Aww i'm having a nasty habit of doing that recently. Many apologies Chris :(

Anyway. The unread post counter lists the number of actual unread posts. That's a list of 4 threads and in those 4 threads will be a total of 12 unread posts.

Ahha - got ya - thought it was the number of threads not replies in threads. Thanks for clearing that up :)

I think this is quite straightforward but I can't get it working. I want one notice to just contain an image and be clickable.

The image dimensions are 196px by 94px.

I can't work out how to make this one specific notice to be similar dimensions?

I thought this

Code:
.gritter-score .gritter-notice-wrapper {
   position:fixed;
   top:20px;
   right:20px;
   width:196px;
   z-index:9999;
}

but it didn't work. "gritter-score" is my custom style class.

I then need to hide the content and title and just have the image.

Hi Chris,
Is there a way to button a register button in the notifications popup? Tried a few different things, none worked.

I think this is quite straightforward but I can't get it working. I want one notice to just contain an image and be clickable.

The image dimensions are 196px by 94px.

I can't work out how to make this one specific notice to be similar dimensions?

I thought this

Code:
.gritter-score .gritter-notice-wrapper {
}

but it didn't work. "gritter-score" is my custom style class.

I then need to hide the content and title and just have the image.

Not sure why you're using .gritter-notice-wrapper in the CSS. It might just work with:

Code:
.gritter-score {
}

Hi Chris,
Is there a way to button a register button in the notifications popup? Tried a few different things, none worked.
Without knowing what you've tried, I can't really be of any help. As long as the notification contains the whatever HTML you want, and using whatever styling it needs, it should work fine.

Stupid question. How do I download the new version? I have 1.6.1 installed and I see 1.6.2 is out. No idea how to get the new version :(

You will have received an email. If not then any email you downloaded it from before will contain a download link which will always download the most recent version.

Just purchased this add on! Very easy purchasing process, and I can't wait to start using the add on!

Cheers Chris! :)

I'm starting to see more and more Xenforo sites with these notifications. They are kinda growing on me.

You will have received an email. If not then any email you downloaded it from before will contain a download link which will always download the most recent version.

FYI, not sure if this is by design but this add-on allowed me to "upgrade" it using the xml when the new upgrade files were not in place. No errors were given. It then claimed it was the newer version, but it could not have been because I had ftp'ed them to the wrong server by accident!

That's just how the XenForo add-on system works. Nothing to do with this add-on specifically.

The XML doesn't contain a list of files or their versions or anything like that. Some files are directly referenced (installers, event listeners etc.) but apart from them, the XML has no idea whether you have uploaded the files or not.

Interesting! So if one makes a mistake, they will not know so until something else fails or throws off errors...or not at all??

That seems like a defect in XF's scheme.

New versions introduce new functionality or bug fixes so, yeah, if files aren't uploaded either it will generate more errors, not fix outstanding bugs reported as fixed or contain missing functionality.

But these mistakes are very quickly apparent and rare.

Not really a defect on anyone's part but the person who uploaded then to the wrong place to be honest :p

It's not practical for XenForo to check the files were uploaded. It's a lot of extra code (and most likely a lot of extra code for add on developers for each version released) so I think it's fine how it is (and how it's been designed, so no bug or defect)

Is there a way to display a notice on the sign up page? Apologies if this has been addressed, I couldn't find the answer searching this thread.

Top Bottom