Xen Notices [Deleted]

Looks great. Considering buying. Any option to add Facebook page like as a notification? Thanks.
Yep, that already works.

Because XenForo is already set up to use XFBML, you can just add this code to your notification:
HTML:
<fb:like-box href="http://www.facebook.com/valvetime" width="256" show_faces="false" colorscheme="dark" stream="false" header="false"></fb:like-box>

To produce this:
z4dqszB.png

Yep, that already works.

Because XenForo is already set up to use XFBML, you can just add this code to your notification:
HTML:
<fb:like-box href="http://www.facebook.com/valvetime" width="256" show_faces="false" colorscheme="dark" stream="false" header="false"></fb:like-box>

To produce this:
z4dqszB.png
Great! Gonna purchase it now. Many thanks for the great work. You rock!

I installed the add-on yesterday and can't get it to work. Regardless of what I do, I see nothing as a guest! Even when I leave everything blank, I see nothing. The website is http://www.unusualplants.net/ I've tried different browsers as a guest.

Have you tried disabling the "User arrived from this site from a search engine" and see if it works? Reason I ask is that if I enable that, go to Google, search for my forum and then select it the notification does not appear (option appears not to function). If I disable that option it functions as desired.

Have you tried disabling the "User arrived from this site from a search engine" and see if it works?
I sorted turtile's problem already :)

We spoke via PM.

The cause was an outdated PAGE_CONTAINER template that didn't have ANY template hooks! :eek:

I sorted turtile's problem already :)

We spoke via PM.

The cause was an outdated PAGE_CONTAINER template that didn't have ANY template hooks! :eek:

Hmm...need to check mine then because if I select the option of arriving from a search engine it still doesn't work. I deselect that option to Guest only and it works fine.

edit: The only ones that I have that are outdated are the Gritter_EXTRA.css in three of my styles that are for seasonal use - and that is because of forgetting to add in an additional definition to have an opaque to the notification.

Edit 2: Now I checked it using Safari and Opera from my Mac and it displays - no matter whether I come in from a search engine or not - and guest is NOT selected - only the search engine option. All templates are up to date on mine - and the hook is there since it does display. Oh well, since I don't use that option I'm not to concerned with it. :D

Couldn't this be done using css and designing it to span at the bottom all the way across the page?
I was thinking the same, I can probably do it myself, but will take me looong to find the right classes, templates etc. I think it would really add value to the add-on "if it could be chosen", even though "it is simple":)

Shelley,
That's something I has been trying to accomplish for quite a bit. I know a lot of sites that use a small full width notification banner on top (or bottom), such as this one
http://browser-update.org/#
(if you can't see it on top, click on the Test notification link)

Is it something possible in XF?

Anything is possible. With regards to the notification, I could get it displaying but it's not something I would release since it's hacky to get it working/displaying and i'm sure it would effect your other notifications since it refuses to let me span 100% using custom class it'll only span using the ID. That also being said, it hinders the xenforo copyright in the footer which I'm quite sure would breach the TOS.

I think this is something chris would be better implementing as an option in the placement areas, but going about it with css only, it'll be very hacky but doable.

That also being said, it hinders the xenforo copyright in the footer which I'm quite sure would breach the TOS.
I would aim for at the top of the page instead of the bottom but your concern is valid depends on how the bottom placement is implemented.

Prompt please. What formats of audio files supported this plug-in?
I from Russia. Translate all 38 pages will be very long.

Top Bottom