Xen Notices [Deleted]

Does this part of the addon description need to be updated @Chris D ?

How to download Xen Notices
Xen Notices is completely free to existing Notifications users, but the distribution of the add-on is moving to Xen Resources. To claim your free Xen Notices licenses, you will need to register at Xen Resources, and click the "Claim License" button (just above the Add to Cart button).

You will need your FetchApp order number and the email address it was sent to. You will have been sent an email with these details a fairly large number of times. The email subject will be similar to "Downloads for Order 854450387174967" and the email will be sent from notifications@fetchapp.com.

Once you populate your order number and email address, the license will be automatically assigned to you. If you are unable to for whatever reason, then start a conversation with me with as many details as possible.

Hi Chris,

I have a doubt, please do not mind if this has already been addressed.

I want to show a "message" to our users, along with a "YouTube" subscription link to all our users who visit our website.

Is this a possibility with this add on.

Also, is there a 'Cookie' option so that repeat users aren't bombarded with subscription message everytime ?
Thanks in advance for your reply and time.

Just wondering if there's a rough timescale for an update to this for XenForo 2.x? With 2.1 due out in the coming weeks and XenForo 1.x support ending later this year, this add-on is one of those that has kept me hanging onto 1.x.

For me, the features I use a lot are:
  • Today's birthdays notices
  • Auto resetting of notices
  • The additional tokens are also handy at times
  • Moderator bar link to notices (though I can live without that, it's just an easy option)

If there's any chance of adding the first 3 points to the core software then I could probably live without the add-on (though others might still want the other features). If not then I'll probably hang fire on 2.1 until a new version of this add-on is produced (or we hear that it is not going to be done which would be sad).

Just to note, the link to purchase this add-on gives a security error (expired certificate), probably because it's using your old URL rather than the one from your current site.

Sorry to ask again, @Chris D, but will there be an update for this for XF 2.1 at some stage? I'm currently planning on upgrading my 1.5.x site to 2.1 and am looking at which add-ons should be uninstalled (as there aren't/won't be 2.1 updates for them) and which ones to leave before I upgrade. Thanks.

Top Bottom