Xen Notices [Deleted]

Short tut on how you made this?

I think I can do better than that.

Image can be downloaded via the attachment:

Css used which is thrown in the EXTRA.CSS template. Bare in mind this is a notification using the custom field in the options with that custom field class being .baconnot

Code:
#gritter-notice-wrapper.bottom-right {
    bottom: 20px;
    left: auto;
    right: 70px !important;
    top: auto;
}

.baconnot .gritter-item{
    background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/notification1.png") no-repeat scroll center bottom transparent !important;
    width: 350px;
    height: 200px;
}

.baconnot .gritter-with-image {
    width: 250px;
    margin-right: 15px;
    padding-top: 60px;
}

.baconnot .gritter-image {
    padding-left: 12px;
    padding-top: 70px;
    width: 65px !important;
    height: 65px !important;
}

.baconnot  .gritter-title {
    color: #fff7a0!important;
}

.baconnot .gritter-item a {
    color: #fff7a0 !important;
    font-weight: bold;
}

Attachments

• notification1.webp
    notification1.webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 33
Have some problems :)

The dissmiss function doesn´t work for me. There is no difference between activation or not.
The dissmiss texts didn´t show up.

dissmiss.webp

also there are some phrases hardcoded i think

phrases.webp

Yep, those phrases are hard coded, sorry about that.

I will get them fixed in the next version.

I am going to need to log on to your forum to check that out - there's no reason why the dismiss text wouldn't show.

Is this admins only ?
No access for moderators ?

Might be a nice touch if you could buddy up with xfrocks and Tag me functionality.
Maybe moderators could use it to notify admins ?

Tag Me syntax.
@Chris Deeming

Gritter Notifications syntax (notification generated from within a post).
#Chris Deeming, Looks like Angry Birds Big Bang is going to be released tomorrow !

Probably would just lead to abuse. :)

Is this admins only ?
No access for moderators ?

Might be a nice touch if you could buddy up with xfrocks and Tag me functionality.
Maybe moderators could use it to notify admins ?

Tag Me syntax.
@Chris Deeming

Gritter Notifications syntax (notification generated from within a post).
#Chris Deeming, Looks like Angry Birds Big Bang is going to be released tomorrow !

Probably would just lead to abuse. :)
Yes, Admins only currently.

Someone suggested working on a front end version. I like the idea but it might be longer term.

I like the Tag Me idea :)

Chris, if I am not wrong you already have the feature to use the logged in user's username, correct?

I think it would be cool if someone got a Trophy ... a Gritter alert showed an actual trophy ! (or an image that makes sense for your forum)
Or that very special messages with videos show up when you reached cool milestones like 1000 likes.
Just a thought.

So I guess the idea is a Gritter Notification for certain events (Trophy, your ban has ended, your ban started).
Maybe for a ban you get a trout slap image. :)

I think it would be cool if someone got a Trophy ... a Gritter alert showed an actual trophy ! (or an image that makes sense for your forum)
Or that very special messages with videos show up when you reached cool milestones like 1000 likes.
Just a thought.

So I guess the idea is a Gritter Notification for certain events (Trophy, your ban has ended, your ban started).
Maybe for a ban you get a trout slap image. :)
You can do this already. Go to Create New notification >> User Criteria Set the setting in a same manner as the trophies and use an image background with no text, following Shelley's example or add an image using HTML and remove background using CSS.

Top Bottom