[XTR] FTSLider - Featured Thread Slider

[XTR] FTSLider - Featured Thread Slider 1.1.7

No permission to download

XDinc

XDinc submitted a new resource:

[XD] FTSLider - Featured Thread Slider - Show to featured threads slider with responsive design to your community.

Warnings
  • Don't upgrade this add-on with old version (File directories have been changed.)
What does this add-on do?
This add-on shows to featured threads with responsive slider.

What's New
  • Add-on has been updated with support for XF2.1+
  • Added new slider options. (Fade effect)
  • Added nodes option.
Installation

View attachment 190212

[ATTACH type="full"...

Read more about this resource...

Should "Don't upgrade this add-on with old version" be read as "Don't upgrade old version with this version"? :)

More importantly, how do you delete featured threads now? There was a delete option with the old version, but I'm not seeing it now....

EDIT: Ah, I see: you have to do it via the admin now. Not quite as convenient, but beggars can't be choosy, I guess. ;)

More importantly, how do you delete featured threads now? There was a delete option with the old version, but I'm not seeing it now....

EDIT: Ah, I see: you have to do it via the admin now. Not quite as convenient, but beggars can't be choosy, I guess. ;)

Oops! You' ve found a bug! Thanks for feedback, I will fix it now...
Please check it again next release.

Oops! You' ve found a bug! Thanks for feedback, I will fix it now...
Ha ha, thanks. I appreciate having an option to change multiple featured threads from one spot, but in those cases where you only need to quickly change one or two....

One other suggestion I have is bringing back the old icon for the slider on the thread bar, the one with the arrows going left and right. That was a good quick visual cue to differentiate it from the Featured Threads addon. Just my 2 cents.

Do you suggest to use this one or the other one?

btw what are the main differences between the two?

The main difference, as best I can tell so far, is that "Featured Slider" now appears on the left menu in the admin, with access to options there and a "Featured Thread List" where all your featured threads can be edited or deleted in one place. Also, when you edit the featured threads, there's an option for a custom title and excerpt.

The main difference, as best I can tell so far, is that "Featured Slider" now appears on the left menu in the admin, with access to options there and a "Featured Thread List" where all your featured threads can be edited or deleted in one place. Also, when you edit the featured threads, there's an option for a custom title and excerpt.

+
  • Use of larger sizes of picture
  • Slider effects and options
  • Easy management

+
  • Use of larger sizes of picture
  • Slider effects and options
  • Easy management
I'll have to try to add some unedited images later and see how they display. I've been resizing them out of habit, using the same dimensions I did with the older version.

By slider effects, I assume you mean the Fade Effects. Don't know if I missed any others. I'll experiment with those to too when I get a chance.

But yeah, definitely worth the upgrade. Not sure why anyone wouldn't. ;)

@XDinc
I'm a little perplexed as to why the automatic resize of images through the addon's size settings doesn't work exactly the same as when I manually resize the same image using the same dimensions. I'm currently using the slider to feature current bestselling books, so here's an example: This is the image I get using the addon to auto-resize to 389x250:

4pDPGzd.jpg

(When I open this in an editor, it indeed says it's 389x250)

But this is the same image edited manually by me, also resized to 389x250:

u7yVrSt.jpg

(When I open this in the same editor, it also says it's 389x250, but obviously it looks very different.)

EDIT: The second image I originally posted wasn't the 389x250 I manually edited, so replaced it with the correct one.

Hi @imno007,
I guess the width and height values are not measured as you wish but we will solve.
Could you please attach the original image to be able to test it?

Hi @imno007,
I guess the width and height values are not measured as you wish but we will solve.
Could you please attach the original image to be able to test it?

Well, I did try several other sizes in the addon options, but I couldn't find the right combination to get the author name and title to display without one or both getting cut off. Perhaps with further experimentation, but thank you.

Attachments

• Of Blood and Bone.webp
    Of Blood and Bone.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 31
Nice addon

Is there a way to add a feature to this addon that can hide members featured threats?
Like a button X to hidde it after vewing

Regards

@XDinc, thanks for the clean and awesome slider. I fixed the padding by adding 500px width images, instead of the recommended size. How many maximum thread slides can I show in this without slowing down the site? I am asking because I want to add a lot. It gives a pictorial overview of all the new threads.

For some reason, the slider stops when we scroll down. Never saw that in any other slide before. Can you please keep it sliding even after we scroll down and then up, or give an admin option to keep it sliding on scroll? Thanks.

Can the addon be auto-updated without having to download and upload again?

Top Bottom