(CLOSED) WTF.com - Rants, News, Off-Topic, Humor

Hey!

Appreciate the very kind comments everyone...

The updated responsive design went live almost a week ago, and I was planning a post about it but was unable to do it before my trip to Florida.

The updated look was accomplished by someone we all respect, Russ from Pixel Exit with a few tweaks provided by me from a secret remote location!

I'll update this thread with some additional comments and a full review of Russ's services the moment I return home! Don't worry, Russ. I won't say anything about the captured alien technology used in the production of the update.

Whoops. :whistle:

Beautiful site + beautiful domain.
--
I want to register, but i didn't received the email confirmation.

Thank you very much for the kind words..

Hmm, wonder if you got caught up in a spam filter of some sort.. PM me your name, and I'll take a look at it personally.

my nickname is rafass
and my email--> hi{at}rafass{dot}com (y)
--
I already checked in the spam folder, but I didn't find the confirmation email anywhere.
I'm using outlook. working perfect without issues.

my nickname is rafass
and my email--> hi{at}rafass{dot}com (y)
--
I already checked in the spam folder, but I didn't find the confirmation email anywhere.
I'm using outlook. working perfect without issues.

It would appear you're coming from a "reported spam source" ip range in Taiwan... ;) Let's not clutter this thread, as I previous noted private message is best. ;)

Haven't made one of these showcases yet. So, cover me I'm going in!

WTF.com was founded in a creepy little corner of the internet on Valentine's Day, 2004, and it's still around like a bad case of crabs.

http://www.wtf.com

We made the move to XenForo on February 28th, 2011 to celebrate (mourn?) our 7th anniversary. One feature we're especially fond of is the "Confessional", which was built from the ground up for XenForo. A special thank you to Onimua for his never-ending dedication, creativity, and professionalism on that project.

We're happy to entertain any constructive suggestions on improvements, and any other constructive feedback. We really appreciate the opportunity!

Looking forward to XF 1.1! :D
Site looks good, I really like your footer - is that part of your skin or something you created?

Mike did a great job taking my "footer of doom" vision and making it a reality...

Russ did a masterful job of actually making it responsive (no easy chore)!

I'll be doing a completely new fancy theme once XF 2.0 comes out, wonder who I have to boff around here to get them to both work together for the first time in a collaboration. ;)

Just a bit of an update...

WTF.com has been running XF 2.0 since before Christmas, and we couldn't be happier... There is so much to like about XF 2, and I learn something new every day.

Our current version was styled by ThemeHouse, based upon UI.X 2. I personally worked with @Ian Hitt , and the experience couldn't have been more enjoyable. Everything was made so clean and easy to change, that I made an all-blue version in 15 minutes today (Nether, selectable in the style chooser). I couldn't believe how much it could change with just a few values.

I'll be reviewing UI.X 2 very soon as it is so many components its beyond the scope of this thread. :)

These folks sure did make us proud...

Just a bit of an update...

WTF.com has been running XF 2.0 since before Christmas, and we couldn't be happier... There is so much to like about XF 2, and I learn something new every day.

Our current version was styled by ThemeHouse, based upon UI.X 2. I personally worked with @Ian Hitt , and the experience couldn't have been more enjoyable. Everything was made so clean and easy to change, that I made an all-blue version in 15 minutes today (Nether, selectable in the style chooser). I couldn't believe how much it could change with just a few values.

I'll be reviewing UI.X 2 very soon as it is so many components its beyond the scope of this thread. :)

These folks sure did make us proud...

Glad to be a part of the project :)

Looks great @Alien, a job well done! I've always thought WTF.com was a great looking forum, easily one of the best xenForo sites I've seen, and it looks even better now on XF2 :)

Have you lost many of your old add-ons/features?

Looks great @Alien, a job well done! I've always thought WTF.com was a great looking forum, easily one of the best xenForo sites I've seen, and it looks even better now on XF2 :)

Have you lost many of your old add-ons/features?

Thank you so much for the kind words... I actually enjoy your site quite a bit too, you know? I've been a fan for years...

We did have to uninstall quite a few addons, a couple of which are now replaced but there are several that we're anxious for such as Medals.

We also want to bring back something we used to use, which was earning "pwnies" (currency) for posts and members being able to purchase gift icons (the last 5 of which are visible in posts, and all of them viewable within a profile tab). That was a lot of fun.

Sadly, I don't see the arcade ever coming back, especially with everything moving away from Flash. Miss those good times. :)

Looking good as always, Jason! (y)

Thanks, Kevin! Much appreciate your support over the years... I'm going to be sifting through a ton of old files to clean up the hard drive, will give you a holler when I encounter additional Alien Soup graphics (like the easter bunny version for your header if you didn't have that already). ;) They may be useful.

Top Bottom