(CLOSED) WTF.com - Rants, News, Off-Topic, Humor

The introductions are just a light hazing... Harsher/flaming has a dedicated area as well, however neither area is the focus of the site. ;)

We focus on member rantings about things angering them, as well as "meat-on-its-bones" discussions, where you can find quite a few lively and serious debates on current events, news stories, and other topics. You'll experience a brainy challenge in quite a few threads in "The Issues" for example. We also offer a variety of off-topic conversation on entertainment, computing, and other fun stuff.

We really appreciate the visit!
I'll definitely dig deeper - didn't have a lot of time yesterday and every time I did hit the site there were replies in the reply thread to respond to hehehe They were amusing... but, while I like a bit a fun with words, you might find a lot of people who do turn up for the meatier stuff put off by it.

One thing I did notice was that I couldn't change my mood in the sidebar - is this intentional or did I overlook a setting?

One thing I did notice was that I couldn't change my mood in the sidebar - is this intentional or did I overlook a setting?

Selecting a mood was selectable to premium members only during our testing phase (we make various preview features available to premium members first as a perk). It is not yet available for regular members, but it will be sometime this weekend. Thanks for the reminder!

The only reasons i am writing feedback and suggestion is because i luv how neat is yoursite. i don't want you to think is because your site is buggy or anything like this. Almost everything in the world need to be fixed/improved ;)

confessionals:
  • when you go to tags, you should be able to organize confessionals by Newest Added, Most Voted, and Most Commented
lol i luve this
footerLogo.png
I might sign up soon :whistle:

Love the site, and the confessionals, I can see that growing into something really interesting to read :),

your guys own personalized fml in a sense, anyways when logged out(or logged in not sure) clicking on taters gives an error page but the sub nav works on it.

Great job though.

Yeah, we've had our share of purchase offers, from several media outlets including TMZ.

However, as of yet no offers have turned out to please us to the point of a sale and neither of us are rushed so... ;)

...anyways when logged out(or logged in not sure) clicking on taters gives an error page but the sub nav works on it.

First, really do appreciate the visit and the kind comments mate!

As for the bug, yeah we just need to put a placeholder page there for the Taters and Radio tabs. We had to have the added tabs code set up as clickable to allow for the operable sub-nav / selected tab-look to operate.

There won't be anything on the placeholders pages that the sub-nav pulldowns won't already display once I finish it. This had been reported earlier in the thread, and I'll try to take care of that ASAP

Thanks for the reminder!

Excellent place I discovered it once a while back when I tried to register the WTF.com Domain. It looks greatand I love your TOS and the cock farm

this is funny :D
note.png
Just because something isn't specifically spelled out as being against the rules on this page, doesn't mean you won't get into trouble because of certain actions. The site initially started with less than a handful of rules, but due to several asshats, we've had to expand them. We do not like hearing "It wasn't in the rules" or "I didn't know". Ignorance and stupidity are not valid excuses here. If you are unsure if something will get you in trouble, we recommend contacting us about it first. We reserve the right to update these rules at any time. We also reserve the right to do whatever we feel like because you have no rights, so ****ing stay awake...
read more

I'm not against that and shall consider it, though the first priority on the 2.0 list is display of most recent comments!
Is there something I should know? :whistle:
There is no thumbs down/up in comments. Only in the confessionals themselves. But I referred to the comments.
For the rest who don't know, the original intention was to have a Like feature implemented and a thumbs up/down for the confessions. I mentioned it was redundant in the way of confessions with the ability to rate them up and down, so liking was removed.

In terms of Liking for comments, it's a rather public display which is something I'd then have to work around to ensure user privacy for those decided to be anonymous (which is about 99% of confessions it looks like). I went through a number of hoops to get XenForo to not show the username/avatar in areas where it's required usually by overriding the username field where appropriate though I did come across a couple of areas that weren't so easy. When commenting, the confession creator is hidden as well so that leaves them the ability to reply to comments if they wish without exposing who they are.

Liking content leaves a small public trail that one can trace back if they were really interested in doing so (like an item, see who has their like count changed; not to mention alerts and news feed). If it's going to be applied to comments, I'd have to see how I go about handling all the related functions to it.

But we'll see. :p It all depends on what kind of changes/additions Alien wants done with the add-on.

Top Bottom