Would Xenforo have CMS in the future?

Khalat

Hello,
We have planned to purchase Xenforo, We like Everything in the core framework, Resources, Media. But I think there is a missing part which is CMS.
Any Modern Websites uses a Content management system for running their projects.
Our work will highly depend on it.

We are Comparing two major platforms Which are (XenForo and Invision Community IPS) to work on:
IPS Has Everything (CMS, FORUM, DOWNLOAD, GALLERY, CLUB, BLOG, COMMERCE, SEARCH) in the other hand Xenforo has (Forum, Resource Manager, Media, Search),
but We think that the performance of Xenforo is better than IPS, That's why we want Xenforo rather than IPS.

If Xenforo would have CMS in the future, We will go with XENFORO.

Last edited:
We use Wordpress as our CMS. You can integrate it with XenForo by using an add-on, such as this one:

Hello,
We want to purchase Xenforo, We like Everything in the core framework, Resources, Media. But I think there is a missing part which is CMS.
Any Modern Websites uses a Content management system for running their projects.
Our work will highly depend on it.

We are Comparing two major platforms Which are (XenForo and Invision Community IPS) to work on:
IPS Has Everything (CMS, FORUM, DOWNLOAD, GALLERY, CLUB, BLOG, COMMERCE, SEARCH) in the other hand Xenforo has (Forum, Resource Manager, Media, Search),
but We think that the performance of Xenforo is better than IPS, That's why we want Xenforo rather than IPS.

If Xenforo would have CMS in the future, We will go with XENFORO.
It doesn't have one. It's a well requested add-on that XenForo has yet to consider. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

I would suggest using a third party add-on. There is one by @Bob . Contact him for more details.

I would suggest using a third party add-on. There is one by @Bob
@JoyFreak Thanks for the Reply, But I Think It's not compatible with XF2. I'm Waiting his Reply.

XF does not use a CMS. Therefore, it is not a modern website.

@Aivaras It Uses CMS, But using Integrated Scripts such as "Wordpress or Joomla", Which is not recomended. or Custom Scripts, Such as xenforo.com 's Home Page.

IPS has a far larger development team so it can create and maintain more official add-ons. XenForo's team (from a third party perspective) appears to focus more on the core product and make it extensible for developers to add things like a CMS. Having played around with both, I'd give the (probably biased) perspective that XenForo is better even if it doesn't have a large offering of official add-ons - the core platform is far more solid and extensible.

You can always get a third party developer to develop this for you, or use an existing solution (if it exists, Bob had something for XF1, not sure if it got updated). There's also XenPorta. It really depends what you mean by "CMS".

That‘s not true. They‘re compatible with XF2. Take a look at https://demos.xenaddons.com/
It is compatible. It’s running on my site here: https://www.joyfreak.com/articles/

Yes, You are right. Officially confirmed that it's compatible with Version 2 of Xenforo.

IPS has a far larger development team so it can create and maintain more official add-ons. XenForo's team (from a third party perspective) appears to focus more on the core product and make it extensible for developers to add things like a CMS. Having played around with both, I'd give the (probably biased) perspective that XenForo is better even if it doesn't have a large offering of official add-ons - the core platform is far more solid and extensible.
@Robust Thanks for clarifying, The core addons of the IPS are most powerful, with no upgrade issue. But Xenforo depends on third party addons, rather than the official addons.

Anyway I Like the performance and some functionalities of Xenforo.

We use Wordpress as our CMS. You can integrate it with XenForo by using an add-on, such as this one:

I have purchased a license last year and it ran out without ever using it. How is it working for you? I read way a lot of comments in the support thread and reviews that prevented me to install it. Badly need a proper CMS solution though.

Top Bottom