1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wordpress win Speed

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jörgk, May 21, 2011.

1. jörgk

jörgk Active Member

first sorry for my bad english......... i have seen here, that a lot of users work with wordpress. i use wordpress too, since two weeks. i have learned that wordpress is not the fastest script. i have importet more then 17.000 entrys from our old cms to wordpress. and it was really really slow.
    i have searched for a good solution, that we win speed. i have testet a lot of plugins......wp-super cache and and and........all worked but not good. (static html sites)

then i found a good documentation, about memcache and wordpress. i have installed this script and i can tell you, that the speed from my site is now ok. since we have installed this memcache plugin, the average-speed in google-webmastertools is dropped from 800-900ms to under 300ms. and all our users say, the site is now ok.

here is the way, what i have done:

1. i have a debian server, i have installed memcache after this documentation : http://www.debianroot.de/server/memcached-auf-debian-lennysqueeze-installieren-1265.html

it was really easy.

2. then i have installed this plugin in my wordpress: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/memcached/
    it is easy. you must only copy object-cache.php to wp-content and it is ready.
    after this i have add this 2 lines in the wp-config.php

global $memcached_servers;
    $memcached_servers = array('default' => array('You Server IP:11211'));

ready. then i have installed a nice plugin, that check,
    what the memcache on wordpress caches and gives me some stats about the cache-system.

you find this plugin here:

it is easy to install. then you have to wait a few hours or days and you can see, that your wordpress win speed from hour to hour. ( if the articles are in the cache)

i hope, that can help someone, if he has the same problems with the speed of wordpress. i am now happy with my wordpress and xenforo. so i will begin on monday to change, my bigger boards ( more then 37K articles in the cms and 3M post in the vb-forum ) to wordpress and xenforo.....

sorry again for my bad english.

(brogan can you write this text in normal english please :) )
    LPH and Sadik B like this.
  2. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

Your english is fine :) Thanks for sharing. I'm willing to bet there will be a few people greatly benefitting from this. And a decrease from 800-900 MS to <300 MS is awesome.