WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer [Deleted]

How easy/hard would it make a widget on WP on which I can manually assign threads? clicking on the links should take me to their respective threads on XF.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you need?
Instead of your regular widget where I can select top posts/top replies in a forum, I want to manually select the threads.

On second thought, I could use a regular widget for WP and manually put in the links to XF! Problem solved!

Reactions: IPF
Instead of your regular widget where I can select top posts/top replies in a forum, I want to manually select the threads.

On second thought, I could use a regular widget for WP and manually put in the links to XF!
Yeah, I was going to ask you to just put some HTML there ;)

Hello,

When there are users with special characters in their nick, those characters are stripped when the account is added to the wordpress. For example a forum user with the nick ||John|| ends up like John over the wordpress. The problem is, when another forum user with the nick John tries to go to the wordpress, he's not auto logged in and is redirected to the wordpress login page with a "username already exists" error.

How do I fix it?

Hello,

When there are users with special characters in their nick, those characters are stripped when the account is added to the wordpress. For example a forum user with the nick ||John|| ends up like John over the wordpress. The problem is, when another forum user with the nick John tries to go to the wordpress, he's not auto logged in and is redirected to the wordpress login page with a "username already exists" error.

How do I fix it?
For those special case, user has to register on WordPress himself and connect manually.

For those special case, user has to register on WordPress himself and connect manually.
Thank you.

I have a bug to report. I'm not sure if there's a way to avoid it but when I enable the widget on Wordpress, the webserver is killed.

Over the span of 10 minutes of the widget being enabled, about 90.000 errors were logged on the Server Error Log.

ErrorException: Array to string conversion - library/bdApi/ControllerApi/Thread.php:40
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 6:52 PM

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Array to string...', '/home/laneros/p...', 40, Array)
#1 /home/laneros/public_html/library/bdApi/ControllerApi/Thread.php(40): array_unique(Array)
#2 /home/laneros/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): bdApi_ControllerApi_Thread->actionGetIndex()
#3 /home/laneros/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/laneros/public_html/api/index.php(71): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(495) "http://foros.laneros.com/api/index....verse&oauth_token=&_xfac=threads.php&limit=10"
["_GET"] => array(7) {
["threads/"] => string(0) ""
["forum_id"] => string(358) "11,12,13,14,15,17,18,19,20,21,23,24,25,26,27,29,30,31,32,33,34,36,37,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,47,48,49,50,51,53,54,55,56,60,61,62,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,72,73,74,75,76,77,89,90,92,93,97,98,100,101,102,103,104,105,106,107,109,110,111,112,114,115,117,118,119,120,121,122,123,124,127,128,129,130,131,133,134,135,136,137,138,139,140,141,142,143,145,146,147,148,149,150"
["page"] => string(1) "1"
["order"] => string(26) "thread_create_date_reverse"
["oauth_token"] => string(0) ""
["_xfac"] => string(11) "threads.php"
["limit"] => string(2) "10"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Thank you.

I have a bug to report. I'm not sure if there's a way to avoid it but when I enable the widget on Wordpress, the webserver is killed.

Over the span of 10 minutes of the widget being enabled, about 90.000 errors were logged on the Server Error Log.
Yes, that's confirmed. [bd] API v1.2.1b has just been released to fix that bug. Please update http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-api.1732/, sorry for the inconvenience.

@xfrocks I've got a few apps that i'd like to use on my site but none of them offer login intergration with xenforo but they do with wordpress. Could I use this addon to set up a wordpress install to act like a login proxy, where this plugs into xenforo and then the other apps into wordpress to allow login across all my apps.

@xfrocks I've got a few apps that i'd like to use on my site but none of them offer login intergration with xenforo but they do with wordpress. Could I use this addon to set up a wordpress install to act like a login proxy, where this plugs into xenforo and then the other apps into wordpress to allow login across all my apps.
Sounds possible. But I need detailed information regarding which plugins you want to use.

Conversations are broken up due to the huge wait time syncing WordPress and XenForo.

How can we have more frequent syncs? Say, down to a 3-5 minute increment. We have a powerful box that we manage in house.

Also, can we have the discussion thread link automatically added to the WordPress post? Maybe with an option to post a custom "Discuss This Post" image url?

Conversations are broken up due to the huge wait time syncing WordPress and XenForo.

How can we have more frequent syncs? Say, down to a 3-5 minute increment. We have a powerful box that we manage in house.
High frequency sync may mess with other cron jobs, how about setting up a OS level cron job for that? Since most people won't need to do this, I think it is a better solution.

Also, can we have the discussion thread link automatically added to the WordPress post? Maybe with an option to post a custom "Discuss This Post" image url?
Not possible for now, maybe next version.

Okay, thank you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for redirection after registration and for posting discussion thread link in WordPress.

Know you're busy, but there's always a possibility that Valour Corp could help invest in some projects we're interested in. :)

Will this plugin create a new thread in xenforo when a new post in wordpress is created, and vice versa?

In other words, does it synchronise also threads (xf) /posts (wp) or does it only sync posts (xf) / comments (wp) ?

Will this plugin create a new thread in xenforo when a new post in wordpress is created, and vice versa?

In other words, does it synchronise also threads (xf) /posts (wp) or does it only sync posts (xf) / comments (wp) ?
It does both way.

Top Bottom