WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer [Deleted]

Bug (?): In Wordpress if you show the Xenforo Thread Widget, sticky threads are displayed. If i've a limit of 5 recent threads, and there are 10 sticky threads, then the widget will show 15 threads.

Feature request:

1) A Wordpress Widget that will display XenForo Threads depending on the tags of the article. So only threads that are similar to the article (depending on tags) will be displayed
2) A Widget for XenForo that are displaying the most recent articles from Wordpress
3) Correct display of quotes / content that are coming from XenForo and are pushed to Wordpress. Right now quotes (at least) are really hard to read.

Last but not least:

How can i customize the thread Wordpress is posting on a new article? Specially the language?

Last edited:
After some trial and tribulation I am now very happy -- except, and you knew I was going to say “except” ...

Is there any way to change the affiliated admin account? It's posting news under my own name no matter how often I change “XenForo Guest Account” and disable “Xenforo Admin Account.” I went into Xenforo and changed email addresses to the desired posting account is set up.

As an aside, it would be nice, someday, to have a prefix possible - I used to have WordPress items posted in Xenforo with the prefix “AN” so people would know what it was. (Along with having a dedicated account for that purpose which the otherwise fine bridge does not seem to be willing to use.)

Is there an update needed for xf1.5.x / wp 4.4? Because I've installed and it seems to be working

(although i've no idea how to manage a WP site... yet)

Quick question: How do I clear the cached forum (node) list? I deleted a number of slow/dead forums (nodes) partly to shorten the absurdly long dropdown list in WordPress, but the changes aren't showing up.

I don't seem to be able to post a review for this in the review section, but I would give it 5 stars and say that Son Dao has been absolutely brilliant with the support - we have quite a complicated wordpress installation and the bridge didn't initially work due to a plugin conflict - he re-coded his plugin just for us, free of charge and got it working very quickly.

I'm very impressed and we now have a perfect working system. :)

No updates are required. The plugin works for latest version of XenForo and WordPress.

thanks

I've run into a few issues:

- one that I can't nail down where (i think) automatic thread creation fails (or maybe both automatic and forced creation is attempted and fails) but the ID is still stored on the WP / API side, so that when that thread ID is actually used by xF the posts from the (completely unrelated) xF post appear under the WP post, and then these comments are replicated to the post's 'correct' xF thread. (This is a horrible description I know)

- it's possible for one WP post to be linked to two xF threads, i think if you manually specify a forum to create a thread in AND there's a tag / forum mapping in place.

- forums created after the plugin is installed don't appear in the tag / forum mapping list

thanks

I've run into a few issues:

- one that I can't nail down where (i think) automatic thread creation fails (or maybe both automatic and forced creation is attempted and fails) but the ID is still stored on the WP / API side, so that when that thread ID is actually used by xF the posts from the (completely unrelated) xF post appear under the WP post, and then these comments are replicated to the post's 'correct' xF thread. (This is a horrible description I know)

- it's possible for one WP post to be linked to two xF threads, i think if you manually specify a forum to create a thread in AND there's a tag / forum mapping in place.

- forums created after the plugin is installed don't appear in the tag / forum mapping list

(2) it's still possible to have one WordPress post linked to two threads.
(3) you can refresh data in the plugin options page for it to load new forums

Regarding (1), yeah, it's a bit hard to understand. Can you give links to example?

(2) it's still possible to have one WordPress post linked to two threads.

OK - do you mind if i ask what the use case for this would be?

(3) you can refresh data in the plugin options page for it to load new forums

didn't know this - hit the refresh link and the new forums are there now, thanks

Regarding (1), yeah, it's a bit hard to understand. Can you give links to example?

I think I've cleaned them all up now... Here's one i partially missed https://thumped.com/bbs/threads/ireland-v-alexander-lukashenko.97255/.

If you look at post #6 in that thread you can see the quote formatting isn't from xF, it's from the unrelated WP post here https://thumped.com/movies/movie-reviews/batman-v-superman-dawn-justice/, but the post in question was originally made to a different thread entirely at https://thumped.com/bbs/threads/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.97254/ which was the (then) linked xF thread for the WP post.

Post #7 was made in the "correct" thread (#97254) and references now-deleted unrelated posts from thread #97255 that were synced to it (via WP comments).

Post #8 was a reply to it made in the other thread which again shows WP styling

So it looks like the API is pulling posts from the 'wrong' thread, posting them as WP comments, then syncing them to the correct thread, where replies are syncing back to WP and being posted to both the correct and the 'wrong' thread... or something.

The more I think about it, the more I believe this can all be traced back to me using both tag mapping and manual selection but for some reason (unmapped account?) thread creation fails, or perhaps it's gone ahead and created two linked threads, and I've deleted the second thread in xF and xF has recycled the thread ID, while the link is still being maintained by the API?

Confused yet? ME TOO

OK - do you mind if i ask what the use case for this would be?
It's technically possible and it's simpler to implement actually. If the plugin has to pick only one target forum amongst several ones (because a WordPress post can have many tags), the logic will be more complicated.

I think I've cleaned them all up now... Here's one i partially missed https://thumped.com/bbs/threads/ireland-v-alexander-lukashenko.97255/.

If you look at post #6 in that thread you can see the quote formatting isn't from xF, it's from the unrelated WP post here https://thumped.com/movies/movie-reviews/batman-v-superman-dawn-justice/, but the post in question was originally made to a different thread entirely at https://thumped.com/bbs/threads/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.97254/ which was the (then) linked xF thread for the WP post.

Post #7 was made in the "correct" thread (#97254) and references now-deleted unrelated posts from thread #97255 that were synced to it (via WP comments).

Post #8 was a reply to it made in the other thread which again shows WP styling

So it looks like the API is pulling posts from the 'wrong' thread, posting them as WP comments, then syncing them to the correct thread, where replies are syncing back to WP and being posted to both the correct and the 'wrong' thread... or something.

The more I think about it, the more I believe this can all be traced back to me using both tag mapping and manual selection but for some reason (unmapped account?) thread creation fails, or perhaps it's gone ahead and created two linked threads, and I've deleted the second thread in xF and xF has recycled the thread ID, while the link is still being maintained by the API?

Confused yet? ME TOO
That's probably an incorrect sync because the thread_id somehow became wrong between syncs. How often is it? If it's just one time I think it could have been a db glitch.

It's technically possible and it's simpler to implement actually. If the plugin has to pick only one target forum amongst several ones (because a WordPress post can have many tags), the logic will be more complicated.
Fair enough!

That's probably an incorrect sync because the thread_id somehow became wrong between syncs. How often is it? If it's just one time I think it could have been a db glitch.
It's happened more than a couple of times so I don't think it's a db issue. I'd say it's something to do with me trying too many ways to make a thread appear (tag + forced) plus not all authors having synced accounts.

I had everything good on the xF side. After I install the WP plugin I get this:

Warning: require(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-content/plugins/xenforo-api-consumer-4/includes/dashboard/options.php on line 120

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxx/wp-content/plugins/xenforo-api-consumer-4/includes/dashboard/options.php on line 120

This is on a fresh WP install and plugin. I don't code so I am unsure what I can do to get this working. The xF side is all set. Not sure what this error means but I have tried several times. I will ask here and on xF to see if I can get an answer.

... and domain.com means YOUR domain. As he wrote, for xfrocks.com, you'd do xfrocks.com/xenforo/etc or, if you have it on the root directry. xfrocks/etc or, if you have it in teh forums directory, xfrocks/forums/etc.

Top Bottom