WoltLab Burning Board/Suite (4/5) Importer and URL redirects [Deleted]

K a M a L

K a M a L submitted a new resource:

WoltLab Burning Board/Suite (4/5) Importer and URL redirects - WoltLab Burning Board/Suite (4/5) Importer and URL redirects

This importer supports importing data from WoltLab Burning Board 4 and WoltLab Suite Forum.

Supporte data:

• User groups ( including user group permissions )
  • Custom user fields
  • Users ( including custom user fields , avatar, password, privacy options and preferences)
  • Followed users
  • Ignored users
  • Conversations
  • Profile posts (and their comments)
  • Forums
  • Forum permissions
  • Watched...

Read more about this resource...

Amazing job with the Add-on. Worked perfectly for WoltLab Suite Forum 5.2.18 -> XenForo 2.2.12.

Everything worked as advertised:
Thread & post migrations
Redirects
Users
Conversations
Forums & Settings

Was finally able to leave WBB after wanting to do so for quite some time, but didn't find working solutions to migrate to another system.

You should charge money for the Add-on ... ;-)

@Maggan22
did you try this ?
Yes i try - but the message by the importer says:
  • The directory '/www/htdocs/sicherungf_l' could not be found or is not readable.

• The directory '/www/htdocs/sicherungf_l/attachments' could not be found or is not readable.

• The directory '/www/htdocs/sicherungf_l/images' could not be found or is not readable
Its all writable and available. The new filestructure of woltlab does not implemet "WCF" anymore. Maybe that is a problem

• The directory '/www/htdocs/sicherungf_l' could not be found or is not readable.

• The directory '/www/htdocs/sicherungf_l/attachments' could not be found or is not readable.

• The directory '/www/htdocs/sicherungf_l/images' could not be found or is not readable
Its all writable and available. The new filestructure of woltlab does not implemet "WCF" anymore. Maybe that is a problem
wcf directory is not a requirement .. the importer needs the path to the folder that contains /images and /attachments folders .. If the two folders exist and are readable .. this error shouldn't occur .. please double check

though I haven't tested with newer versions of Woltlab and you may find other errors ( but not this one ) .

I would be happy to help check the error on your end if you like.

I have tried many Ways: I had moved the two folder in a subdirectory of the xenforo installation. And i tried to move the two directories in the Directory above the xen installation folder. of course always with the adjustment of the path. I tried to change the rights of the folders via filezilla. But always the same error.

First of all, thanks for the importer. I'm now able to leave Woltlab behind :)

The importer seems to ignore code blocks with <pre></pre> and inline codes with [tt][/tt]. Therefore, code is only output as text and not as a code block. Could you please check that?

Last edited:
Do you have plans to make the importer available on Github or similar platforms? I would like to make my adjustments available to the general public, since some "BBCodes" are still not taken into account by the importer, e.g. the code block <pre> or inline code [tt][/tt], which is a bit problematic. There's also the problem with the depth of quotes. If you're using a depth of 2 and more, the quote isn't formatted correctly.

Maybe more users can contribute their ideas and fixes there. (Yes, I've read the part, that sending you the diff file is the common way. I'm just asking)

Do you have plans to make the importer available on Github or similar platforms? I would like to make my adjustments available to the general public, since some "BBCodes" are still not taken into account by the importer, e.g. the code block <pre> or inline code [tt][/tt], which is a bit problematic. There's also the problem with the depth of quotes. If you're using a depth of 2 and more, the quote isn't formatted correctly.

Maybe more users can contribute their ideas and fixes there. (Yes, I've read the part, that sending you the diff file is the common way. I'm just asking)
Sure, your contribution is welcome, I've created this repo https://github.com/kamalkemo/xenforo-woltlab-importer
I had plans to do many updates to this addon but seems there isn't much interset on it and I'm currently too busy.

Version 5.5

Top Bottom