1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows based VPS Providers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fos, Apr 5, 2011.

1. fos

fos Active Member

Hi everyone,

I am an OS X and Linux proponent. I am quite familiar with Xen based Linux VPS providers, they are my preference. I do my best to avoid the other brand. However, I have a job opportunity this summer that may involve having to deal with a Windows based server.

Do any of you know of a Windows VPS provider that is a quality based business? I have done a search and Serversky would meet my needs. I just want a small VPS server to play with for a couple of months.

Thanks,
    Jeff

PS. I will probably place my currently unused Xenforo license there for experimentation.

2. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Does PowerShell alone work for you ? (512 MB) for about $20 .. reliable ... but as you know windows will devour ten times the ram so this is just for developing/playing :D

fos likes this.
  3. fos

fos Active Member

Thanks for the tip, Blandt. I'll check them out. The best price at Seversky is $26. The performance doesn't matter. I just want to familiarize myself with the file structure and admin details before I have to face it on a day to day basis.

Jeff