1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whois guard - do you use it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pk698, Jun 17, 2011.

1. pk698

pk698 Active Member

out of curiosity, do you guys use whoisguard to protect your domain names? I just purchased 2 for 2 of my domains. I feel a little insecure when my private info is exposed, so this adds some security for me.
  2. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Active Member

Yes, I think it's important to protect your personal privacy like home address. I would not run a domain without it. What if one day you had a big bust up with a forum member, who then decided to go do a WhoIs on your domain to get information on you.

Not wise to leave yourself wide open!
  3. Numenorean7

Numenorean7 Member

Before I came to acquire it, my forum was hacked and the then owner had trouble with the "hacker" calling him at home. Needless to say, I don't put my real contact information or my name on there. The only real thing I put on there is the contact email address, obviously.
  4. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

For my very first I did not,still receiving emails AND letters to transfer it to a better provider.
  5. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

I'm not too fussed about my name, email and address being on show - the only problem is the phone number.

A free skype redirection service (I forget which specifically) sorted that problem though :)

I do still use whois protection for some of my domains though, depends on the context of the domain.
  6. ToDie4

ToDie4 Well-Known Member

Get whois guard as quickly as possible mate, there are some scary people on the internet. ;)
  7. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

In most europe country are whoisguard probited.
    Therefore we have for a customer total 18 .com and .info domains registered via US-Registrar (NetworkSolution) with protections.
  8. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Why is that?