XF 1.5 When to import? Building up forum

JanHoos

Hello everyone,

I've read this guide: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/ and I'm wondering about the retaining content ID's.

Currently, my live forum is running Vanilla and behind the scenes I'm building up my Xenforo forum. Adding all the trophies I have on Vanilla, making sure everything looks awesome, adding some pages and some add-ons. The works!

I've used the import function to take a "snapshot" of the live forum and work of that. In the meantime the live forum is still being used. Is it safe to import a final version once I'm ready to switch over? There will be problems with the content ID's I imagine?

@Brogan Allright, thats clear. How far can I go with all the other stuff? Can I build up the pages, add trophies, add-ons, etc. and load in the forums and reply's as soon as I'm done with the rest? Or will that mess up the import as well?

And wiping, all I have to do than is wipe the category's and forums I imagine?

You can add trophies, install add-ons, configure styles, etc. but you can't add content such as categories, forums, members, threads, etc.

And wiping, all I have to do than is wipe the category's and forums I imagine?
No.
The guide explains in detail how to do it.

Top Bottom