1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when posting a new thread ...

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by KURTZ, Aug 26, 2010.

1. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

i saw that in the header is showed a message which tell us 'your thread has been posted' ... i found it really useless ... thoughts?

2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed that...

3. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

try to make a new thread ... :)

ps. or maybe this is handled by UGs permissions?

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

are you talking about that strip at the top that flashes on for about 10 seconds to let you know that your thread has been posted?
    For those who are forum veterans I can see how you'd think so, but for new members, I think it's very helpful.

5. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

10 secs Peggy? :D perhaps 3 ... not 10 ... :D

anyway, i disagree ... helpful for what/who? it's obvious which when i push the 'post' button it makes a new message ... :)

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I just told you, for new members. And you're right, 3 - 4 seconds. Which is even less reason to be irritated about it, lol. ;)

7. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be a thread asking for people to use a descriptive thread title. :)

8. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I quite like the notification bar alerting me that I just submitted my response. I don't even think it's 3-4 secs but a second, not irritating at all imo.

Abomination and Peggy like this.
  9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I completely agree.