1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When patents attack Android google :|

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Maryam, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Maryam

Maryam New Member

Code:
    http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/when-patents-attack-android.html

2. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

wow. A gang of companies trying to take down google's android? Why didn't companies do this when microsoft started trying to monopolize the tech industry?

3. Wired

Wired Active Member

Android is hardware, whereas Microsoft monopolizes the a software platform - the OS.

4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I know that. I'm just saying, why hasn't other companies ganged up on microsoft when they tried to monopolize it.

Hardware, and software are one - the tech industry. This is universally known.

5. Wired

Wired Active Member

The OS battles have been going on for 30 years. Apple screwed themselves over when they refused to allow other hardware vendors to license their OS. Microsoft did allow it, and was able to grow their user base significantly over a relatively short period of time. But I digress, there's tons of books on the topic.

Yes, but not all companies are in both markets.

Microsoft responded to Google's blog post: http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/03/google-slams-apple-and-microsoft-claims-hostile-organized-cam/

6. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I put some quotes around the article to make it clear that Maryam did not write the article.

Maryam likes this.
  7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Thanks! T'was needed. :)

8. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

And Apple is both.

9. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

And now it's not Google anymore but Apple and Microsoft. It's always someone doing something to others. I don't support all this heavy patenting lately but to be honest, I can't side with anyone, who the heck knows what's really going on. No one is a poor kid here.

10. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

11. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

12. Tomble

Tomble Active Member

Obvious PR move to try and use their image as the good guys of the tech industry to get consumers on their side. Seems pretty standard stuff but I'd rather all these companies stopped doing this and instead stuck to competing to create the best products and let people judge them solely on that.