[OzzModz] What's New Tweak

[OzzModz] What's New Tweak 2.2.1

No permission to download
You can do that with 'public navigation'.
Find the 'unanswered threads' menu item and then change the parent item to be 'What's new' instead of 'Forum'.

Mr. Jinx updated What's New Tweak with a new update entry:

[2.1.3] Feature update + maintenance

• Refresh function also added to the 'Latest activity' page (requested by @Joe Link).
  • Code cleanup: Now using native XF cookie handling instead of using a third party library. This will create a new cookie and reset existing user refresh settings to default.
  • Upgrade notice: After the upgrade you can safely remove the directory jscookie located in js/MrJinx/vendor/ as it is not needed anymore!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
@Mr. Jinx be more specific, you can delete from js/MrJinx/vendor/jscookie just jscookie folder or you can delete entire MrJinx folder from js?

This is a nice add-on, but I wish it included the option to only use the menu revisions (I can turn off the timed auto-refresh but the manual refresh button is still there). I'm not a fan of that only because where it is position adds an additional line in the header area and that takes up a lot of geography on mobile. If the refresh icon were next to 'New Post's text instead of below it, that would be more efficient.

I can turn off the timed auto-refresh but the manual refresh button is still there
You can completely disable the refresh function using permissions. Just set it to 'No' for your global groups like unregistered/registered/administrative/etc..

1582447292280.webp

Updated it from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3, removed the jscookie-folder and the automatic update doesn't work anymore. Just the manual refresh button is visible/usable. Enable Whats new refresh options is set to yes for this usergroup. Is there anything else that need to be (re-)set?

Updated it from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3, removed the jscookie-folder and the automatic update doesn't work anymore. Just the manual refresh button is visible/usable. Enable Whats new refresh options is set to yes for this usergroup. Is there anything else that need to be (re-)set?
Sounds like something didn't update correctly.
Can you check for outdated templates?
Are there any errors in de web console when you press the 'play' refresh button. (Debug console / inspect / F12 in browser)

1589391975942.webp

still getting this with the "Hide search id from New posts page

if the profile posts isnt featured, can we have it featured please? Currently have this set to my home page and would like it to look cleaner

View attachment 225019

still getting this with the "Hide search id from New posts page

if the profile posts isnt featured, can we have it featured please? Currently have this set to my home page and would like it to look cleaner
Also, is there a way to make it to where when I post a new profile post, it refreshes the page?
1589393326060.webp

i added the update status to the whats-new/profile-posts section. When i post to it, i have to manually refresh the page to see my post.

Personally I don't use profile posts and have disabled this feature completely, but I guess the 'hide search id' option could also be implemented for this. I'll try to put it in the next release.

Also, is there a way to make it to where when I post a new profile post, it refreshes the page?
That would be out of scope for this add-on.

My site actually depends on the profile posts so we are on the opposite ends of the spectrum haha

If you could throw that into the next release or hotfix, i would greatly appreciate it!

Top Bottom