What Does it mean ?

tafreehm

Today, I m not noticing stuff on xf.com that I never noticed before.
I actually notice a new post made notification on bottom left, just like facebook. I have never seen that before. and now there is thsi little star in alert drop down menu.
take a look at this screnshot:

Untitled.webp

I have only seen it once today man... Someone has to reply in threads I am watching while I m performing some activity on forums.
Because it will only appears for few minutes. but it is something similar to this:
creating-facebook-like-notification-box.png

I have only seen it once today man... Someone has to reply in threads I am watching while I m performing some activity on forums.
Because it will only appears for few minutes. but it is something similar to this:

Interesting. I never see this myself, but try and grab a screen shot it it happens again ;)

oh I didnt know that. Does it also work for new conversation ? And can xf admin make it work on forumhome as well ?
and What about that lil star in alert dropdown list. I never seen that before and now its showing for everyone.

The little star indicates the "latest" alerts - they are really helpful in going back to your most recent alerts when you get sidetracked or lost in a long thread - as well as differentiating from previous/earlier alerts that you've probably already looked at. (y)

okay make sense. But is this something new ?
They have versions of this on vBulletin. The first version I used was a free one that only appeared after a page refresh or if you went to another page. Then a guy called gibigbig created one that controlled where the alert box shows. Daviate created one called vBSocial that resembled Facebooks, Dragonbyte came out with a paid version that lets you change the colors and stuff. Thankfully all this stuff is free and comes default for Xenforo.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom