1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Does it mean ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tafreehm, May 9, 2012.

1. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

Today, I m not noticing stuff on xf.com that I never noticed before.
    I actually notice a new post made notification on bottom left, just like facebook. I have never seen that before. and now there is thsi little star in alert drop down menu.
    take a look at this screnshot:

Untitled.png

2. Floris

Floris Guest

It means that alerts by Floris are extra noteworthy

teehee.

3. tafreehm

4. pipedreams

pipedreams Active Member

Can you post a screenshot of what you see there?

5. Pope Viper

Pope Viper Well-Known Member

I am noteworthy. Quick, someone tell my wife.

TheVisitors and pipedreams like this.
  6. tafreehm

I have only seen it once today man... Someone has to reply in threads I am watching while I m performing some activity on forums.
    Because it will only appears for few minutes. but it is something similar to this:
    [​IMG]

7. tafreehm

oh I got it :D
    here:

Untitled.png

pipedreams likes this.
  8. Pope Viper

Man, I hope this is a sign things are going to pick back up.

9. pipedreams

pipedreams Active Member

Interesting. I never see this myself, but try and grab a screen shot it it happens again ;)

10. tafreehm

I wish..
    And i think It does not appear when you are on Forumhome. (sorry I m still using old forum language)

11. tafreehm

12. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Those have been there for a while. ;)

13. tafreehm

oh I didnt know that. Does it also work for new conversation ? And can xf admin make it work on forumhome as well ?
    and What about that lil star in alert dropdown list. I never seen that before and now its showing for everyone.

14. John

John Well-Known Member

Yep, they have been there since 1.1...you just have to be in the right spot at the right time to notice it when they occur.

They display for any new alert or conversation.

15. Pope Viper

16. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

The little star indicates the "latest" alerts - they are really helpful in going back to your most recent alerts when you get sidetracked or lost in a long thread - as well as differentiating from previous/earlier alerts that you've probably already looked at. (y)

tafreehm likes this.
  17. tafreehm

okay make sense. But is this something new ?

18. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Nope ... :D

19. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

They have versions of this on vBulletin. The first version I used was a free one that only appeared after a page refresh or if you went to another page. Then a guy called gibigbig created one that controlled where the alert box shows. Daviate created one called vBSocial that resembled Facebooks, Dragonbyte came out with a paid version that lets you change the colors and stuff. Thankfully all this stuff is free and comes default for Xenforo.

20. tafreehm

Thats why i m switching :) just bought a license. Working on a test forum, importing threads/post 22% done so far in 40 minutes.

pipedreams and The8thLegion like this.