• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What Does it mean ?

tafreehm

Today, I m not noticing stuff on xf.com that I never noticed before.
I actually notice a new post made notification on bottom left, just like facebook. I have never seen that before. and now there is thsi little star in alert drop down menu.
take a look at this screnshot:

Untitled.png

tafreehm

I have only seen it once today man... Someone has to reply in threads I am watching while I m performing some activity on forums.
Because it will only appears for few minutes. but it is something similar to this:

pipedreams

I have only seen it once today man... Someone has to reply in threads I am watching while I m performing some activity on forums.
Because it will only appears for few minutes. but it is something similar to this:
Interesting. I never see this myself, but try and grab a screen shot it it happens again ;)

tafreehm

oh I didnt know that. Does it also work for new conversation ? And can xf admin make it work on forumhome as well ?
and What about that lil star in alert dropdown list. I never seen that before and now its showing for everyone.

CyclingTribe

The little star indicates the "latest" alerts - they are really helpful in going back to your most recent alerts when you get sidetracked or lost in a long thread - as well as differentiating from previous/earlier alerts that you've probably already looked at. (y)

DRE

okay make sense. But is this something new ?
They have versions of this on vBulletin. The first version I used was a free one that only appeared after a page refresh or if you went to another page. Then a guy called gibigbig created one that controlled where the alert box shows. Daviate created one called vBSocial that resembled Facebooks, Dragonbyte came out with a paid version that lets you change the colors and stuff. Thankfully all this stuff is free and comes default for Xenforo.