What about vB 3.8.1 database import into XF2..???

Kidbooo

Hello everyone,,
I am about to buy XF2. If I understand correctly, there is a built in database import/conversion feature that should be able to handle upgrading from vB 3.8.1. If that is the case, I am not sure about the steps involved.

My plan is to do a clean install of XF2 on a Snappy 8000 VPS plan from HostGator. It will have CentOS 6.10, PHP 7.1 and MySQL 5.6.3 installed.

Would I use the database backup feature in the vB Admin CP to export the tables to a file, upload that file to the new server, and then use it for the import to XF2? Or, is there some other method of exporting the data that I am supposed to use. Either way, are there any steps I should take to prepare the database for export?

Also, I have custom user profile fields created with the Profile Field Manager in the vB Admin CP. Will the import/conversion process grab these as well, or does it only bring in the default vB tables/fields made when you first install vB?

CarpCharacin

You need to have vB installed and running on the same server/hosting account as XF in order to be able to import. You just put both the XF and vB forums in maintenance mode while you import, the database backup feature isn't used. The importer will import custom profile fields. Here is a link to the documentation on importing.

Kidbooo

Hello everyone,,
I am about to buy XF2. If I understand correctly, there is a built in database import/conversion feature that should be able to handle upgrading from vB 3.8.1. If that is the case, I am not sure about the steps involved.

My plan is to do a clean install of XF2 on a Snappy 8000 VPS plan from HostGator. It will have CentOS 6.10, PHP 7.1 and MySQL 5.6.3 installed.

Would I use the database backup feature in the vB Admin CP to export the tables to a file, upload that file to the new server, and then use it for the import mobdro.bio/ luckypatcher.tips/ www.kodi.bio/ to XF2? Or, is there some other method of exporting the data that I am supposed to use. Either way, are there any steps I should take to prepare the database for export?

Also, I have custom user profile fields created with the Profile Field Manager in the vB Admin CP. Will the import/conversion process grab these as well, or does it only bring in the default vB tables/fields made when you first install vB?
___
Thank you my issue has been solved,......