XF 2.1 What’s New - New Posts Switch?

NYCFC

So I’ve spent the last few hours trying to switch or get rid of ‘What’s new’
My members have grown accustomed to the New Posts page and being able to ‘Mark All Read’
Now when they click the little thunderbolt in the top navigation it takes them to ‘what’s new’ and they have to click over to ‘new post’ and then mark all read.
Is there a way to switch which ones loads first?

This should work:
ACP->Setup->Public Navigation->"What's new"
Quick link: admin.php?navigation/frm_whats_new/edit

And change Link from /whats-new/ to /whats-new/posts/

This should work:
ACP->Setup->Public Navigation->"What's new"
Quick link: admin.php?navigation/frm_whats_new/edit

And change Link from /whats-new/ to /whats-new/posts/
Thanks for the reply. That didn’t solve it. Would it be a template modification?
It’s the little thunderbolt in the top right. It links to what’s new. That actually solved it but for the drop down menu (on mobile).
E3B1F4F9-26EB-4905-A13B-BD80068D9260.webp

Thanks for the reply. That didn’t solve it. Would it be a template modification?
It’s the little thunderbolt in the top right. It links to what’s new. That actually solved it but for the drop down menu (on mobile).
View attachment 207357
The thunderbolt is for narrow view ports only.

Test the modification on a desktop with the "What's new" tab. If it shows new posts, then it would tell me that the thunderbolt is hard coded in a template to /whats-new/ and doesn't follow public navigation and would require an edit somewhere.

Edit: Unless it's cached. Clear caches too.

The thunderbolt is for narrow view ports only.

Test the modification on a desktop with the "What's new" tab. If it shows new posts, then it would tell me that the thunderbolt is hard coded in a template to /whats-new/ and doesn't follow public navigation and would require an edit somewhere.

Edit: Unless it's cached. Clear caches too.
You’re right. If I go landsxapenon my phone the bolt disappears and what’s new links to New Posts. Thank you.
I guess the only issue then would be mobile users still having to go a few extra steps when in narrow view.
I’ll try searching through the templates when I get home. Any guesses as to where it might be?

Thanks for filling me in on that. I'd assume the bolt would take the nav into consideration, but apparently not.

I would've answered much sooner finding it and helping out as @Kirby and @Mr Lucky did, but I use the below add on so the user experience is relatively the same across platforms.

Everything worked. I was able to edit it so that both mobile and desktop take you to new posts, not whats new.
One last question, how can I style page numbers? Page numbers are very close in color to their button background.

Someone know hot to set the "New Post" list, in the What's New section to let show all the new posts. Because as it is right now, it listed a threads list, of threads that have inside the last posts and not a list of post.
So that is there a list as this:

Thread 1
Threads 2
Thread 3
and so on...

because these threads have some last post inside.

But a list of new post must list all the post that are made. If in the "Thread 1" in 1 hour there are 20 posts, the "New Post" list, should list only the posts, in this way:

User x have answered to the thread: xxxxx
User y have uswared the the thread: ......
and so on...

I s there way to set it the system to show the list of last posts in this way?

Last edited:
this does not do the trick. I'm looking for the exact same. If I click on NEW POST it does not show all new posts, only from some forums / Nodes and I don't know what the criteria is why it shows from one and not from another forum / node??

Anyone that can help.

this does not do the trick. I'm looking for the exact same. If I click on NEW POST it does not show all new posts, only from some forums / Nodes and I don't know what the criteria is why it shows from one and not from another forum / node??

Anyone that can help.
Normally that is defined in the node settings

Screenshot 2020-09-20 at 13.18.34.webp

Top Bottom