Weekend Trail Run

MattW

I did a 20KM trail run this weekend in the Peak District. Bought 3 of the official pictures that were taken

DSC_4232
by Matt Worthington, on Flickr

DSC_9624

DSC05566

It had some pretty big hills in it!
12.12.webp

Did you escape the worst of the heat Matt? I remember you saying you going on a run at around 10am (if memory recalls).

Did you escape the worst of the heat Matt? I remember you saying you going on a run at around 10am (if memory recalls).
It was still really warm. It started at 10:12am, so I was running until just gone midday. Think it was about 25c while I was running for most of it

Nice one.
I would love to do a run like that.

What was your time Matt and on a related note, have you broken the 20 minute barrier yet?

Nice one.
I would love to do a run like that.

What was your time Matt and on a related note, have you broken the 20 minute barrier yet?
Thanks Paul. I finished in 2 hours and 6 minutes, which was 20 minutes faster than last years time.

I did a 5KM Park Run on Saturday, and I got a new PB of 20:16, so I'm almost there.

Great stuff.
Hopefully you'll break the 20 minute barrier soon.

My PBs are behind me now at my age :D

I've got 6 weeks until my 30th, so hopefully be able to get below 20 minutes before then. It's a little bit too warm for speed work though, so I'm trying to go out early morning or late in the evening for my runs.

Well done, looks like some nice gradients there. :)

Managed my longest run for a long time at the weekend there, just over 15km. Surprisingly pace wasn't too bad too as well.

I did a 5KM Park Run on Saturday, and I got a new PB of 20:16, so I'm almost there.
You inspired me so I made an extra effort today.

I wasn't sure what time you had posted but I was sure I was close to it; I did a 20:17 :D

I'll never get back down to sub 20 minutes now at my age but I'm damn pleased with that :)

You inspired me so I made an extra effort today.

I wasn't sure what time you had posted but I was sure I was close to it; I did a 20:17 :D

I'll never get back down to sub 20 minutes now at my age but I'm damn pleased with that :)
Nice! I missed the 5KM Park Run this morning as I'm working nights this weekend. That's a bloody good effort though, given I'm out several times a week :eek:

I still try to get in 15-20 miles a week, including time at the gym's weight room. I look at some of my friends now and... well they look like death.

I've lowered my weekly mileage at the minute as I'm doing the Insanity workout along with running. Still managed 6 Insanity workouts last week and 50km running.

Interesting, pure cardio sends me crashing. Can't say I was ever out of shape except for one obscene summer where all I ate were waffles all day long (I bought a Belgian waffle press). It's been a habit since my old footy days. Been thinking of purchasing a multispeed bike but don't know where to start. I haven't ridden in years either.

Just guessing, but if I were to run full out, I could probably manage a few miles while staying under the 7:25 mark a mile.

Interesting, pure cardio sends me crashing. Can't say I was ever out of shape except for one obscene summer where all I ate were waffles all day long (I bought a Belgian waffle press). It's been a habit since my old footy days. Been thinking of purchasing a multispeed bike but don't know where to start. I haven't ridden in years either.

Just guessing, but if I were to run full out, I could probably manage a few miles while staying under the 7:25 mark a mile.
I used to be quite chunky. Lost almost 80lb (6 stone) since I started running.
4854_133018894128_6252384_n.webp

I used to be quite chunky. Lost almost 80lb (6 stone) since I started running.
View attachment 51786
Wow, big change. Is that Bali?

My little summer of indulgence resulted in some BP issues, cholesterol issues because of the fat gain. Probably put on 2 stone of fat and water bloat in a three month span. I still eat like an animal, just in moderation. Oh and the exercise helps too.

Wow, big change. Is that Bali?

My little summer of indulgence resulted in some BP issues, cholesterol issues because of the fat gain. Probably put on 2 stone of fat and water bloat in a three month span. I still eat like an animal, just in moderation. Oh and the exercise helps too.
No, it's Cornwall in the UK (we do get some sun occasionally!)

I've had doctors referral notes due to my health previously. In 2007 we had a health test at work, and the same company did one in 2012

23646_61860997da22c9f79e62170fc89d5d28.PNG

No, it's Cornwall in the UK (we do get some sun occasionally!)

I've had doctors referral notes due to my health previously. In 2007 we had a health test at work, and the same company did one in 2012

23646_61860997da22c9f79e62170fc89d5d28.PNG
Great scores. My doctor delivers his results in ng/dl whereas hospitals here seem to only give info out in m/ml (millions per microliter). I don't have my scores from 2005 or the ones from earlier this year saved like you do. :p But from what I recall my latest yearly resulted in lower LDL cholesterol (Just fish oil and exercise), BMI would be irrelevant in my case, lower overall bodyfat, and an increase in testosterone. Apparently I'm hovering just north of 1,200 ng/dl. Doctor asked me if I was taking any superficial doses but to my knowledge I wasn't. I can only attribute it to lower stress and better sleep.

My little weight gain several years back resulted in BP issues as I said. It also seemed to result in a form of vertigo. Nearly caved my head in one night when I lost blood in my head due to standing up and fell back onto the living room's floor, my head barely missing the coffee table.

Nice going Matt.

I used to be a real gym addict in my younger days with a body fat percentage of around 5% at one period.

Getting a bit old for it all now though :D

Top Bottom