WebDav support for XenForo 2 [Deleted]

Arty

Arty submitted a new resource:

WebDav support for XenForo 2 - Edit templates with your favorite editor

This add-on is for style and add-on developers.

XenForo 1 had very convenient way to edit templates via WebDav. Unfortunately XenForo 2 doesn't have such functionality, so I've made add-on that adds such functionality.

It does same thing as WebDav did in XenForo 1, but with few few features:

1. When you select any style you have option to show all items or only customized items:

View attachment 173311

2. You can revert templates by deleting file.

3. All scalar style properties...

Read more about this resource...

Just curious, https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/designing-styles/ wouldn't that do something pretty similar to Webdav?
It is similar, but much more powerful.

Designer mode shows only modified templates, which means to modify template you need to run command for each template individually before editing. With WebDav you can edit all templates without touching each one individually. Resetting custom changes is as simple as deleting file.

Designer mode doesn't work well for style properties. It outputs each style property in JSON format, which is not easy to customize. This add-on converts properties to easily editable formats, format depends on type of style property. Also there is a big file with all style properties that makes customizing multiple properties very easy.

Editing can be done remotely. Development forum doesn't have to be on your computer, you can run it elsewhere and use WebDav client to edit templates in your favorite editor.

What Windows 10 apps will work with this? I don’t have many installed, but I have Sublime Text, not sure if that supports it.

What Windows 10 apps will work with this? I don’t have many installed, but I have Sublime Text, not sure if that supports it.
You can use Sublime Text with CyberDuck. Use CyberDuck to connect to forum, set Sublime Text as your editor.

Is this add on the best way in XF2 to edit a page node that I'm working on if I want to use an IDE?

Or is there any other way to edit templates directly?

We can't access them on the file system using something like this in PHP Storm?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom