1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web Conferencing Programs

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wickedstangs, Jul 7, 2013.

1. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

All,
    I am looking for a software for my wife's business.

What do you all recommend for a Web Conferencing Program?
    We tried Skype but, to much lagging and very slow..

Thank You...

RobertR likes this.
  2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Google hangouts seem pretty good.

wickedstangs likes this.
  3. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

I really really like Cisco Webex. The whiteboarding feature is awesome.

wickedstangs likes this.
  4. RobertR

RobertR New Member

Hi Wicked,

I live and work here in San Diego. I work for PGi, a leader in conferencing technology. You can email me at Robert.reynolds@PGI.com and I will show you a great web and video conferencing cloud-based software for your wife's company. It won the Stevie Award in 2012 for most innovative product. WWW.PGI.com

Thanks!
    Robert

Reeve of Shinra likes this.
  5. Fred Sherman

Fred Sherman Well-Known Member

Except for the price tag.

There are other less costly solutions that work just as well, if not better.

Adam Howard likes this.
  6. RobertR

RobertR New Member

Yea, that's another reason why I mentioned my company's conferencing technology. Our solution is ~40% cheaper on average from WebEx. For most users, WebEx is overly expensive and requires a lot of training to use everything properly. Come check out www.pgi.com and email me at robert.reynolds@pgi.com

Take Care,
    Robert

7. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

If this is for a business, the price is relatively cheap. The problem is most people want stuff for almost free that's guaranteed to have 100% uptime, live phone support (in the US, not overseas), etc etc and that's gotta get paid for somehow. Leave the AOL for personal use.

8. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

Robert,
    Going to give her you info and she will be contacting you soon.. She does offshore manufacturing and deals alot with her factories in China and Mexico.

Thanks

9. RobertR

RobertR New Member

Sounds great. We are a global company with support in those countries as well.

10. RobertR

RobertR New Member

Skype Prime was discontinued after it's 3.1 beta run. It allowed you to charge someone to call you for either a one-time fee or a per-minute fee. Not really applicable to the original poster's request. Skype is a great Peer-to-Peer free interface, as long as you don't mind advertisements and a limited feature set. It's not designed for an enterprise however.

11. ThomasKing

ThomasKing New Member

I've been using RHUB for its multi-tiered collaborative support. I also like RHUB because it allows desktop sharing, so my wife and I can still use our laptops while on the road from different locations.