1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We have likes. What about hates ???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AnthonyCea, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

Well the thread title is explanatory, can you guys add a "I hate your post" module for forums that want to get some fireworks going, we don't have to use it here (but I would like it), but I think it should be an option to offset all the like points for some forums.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As far as the developers are concerned, they decided they didn't want to include a negative feature such as dislikes or hates.
    Personally I agree with that approach.

I suspect though that someone will code an add-on/mod at some point for such a feature.

3. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, then a video module to tell people off as an add on !!

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I prefer the more positive atmosphere that we have on xf.com than we otherwise would have if there was a dis-like button. We probably would not have posts like this showing up as frequently
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/warm-and-fuzzy-feeling.5924/

I do understand that a more upbeat atmosphere is not desirable for everyone, well..... actually I don't understand that. If I wanted negativity I know many sites to visit. Regardless, I am sure someone will release a mod that will have a dis-like.

I am not clear why this is in the off topic. If I can find an applicable existing thread to merge it with I will do that.

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.