We Game. You Play.™

ArucarD

A site by a gamer, for gamers and anyone alike whom share such interest. Movies, Anime, Technology, Gaming and anything else that is deemed of the true gamer generation is where I stand. Another REVOLUTiON, this time with a step further and utilizing the new kid on the block of forum software xenForo. Still a work in progress, but I highly doubt it will be a disappointing experience. Gamers are welcome, as is the average user. Just remember, We Game. You Play.

Still working on many things as far as the customization end is concerned. New images, icons, etc. The two characters, tentatively titled, We Game and You Play, will be involved in a project I will be working with a GFX designer for. Many sleepless nights, last night being another one after updating xenForo to 1.0.2, but all in all it has been a true pleasure to work with.

Check out what I have done over @ http://wegameyouplay.com
All thoughts / opinions are truly welcome.
- ArucarD

Well the nintendo image in the header is for sure a NONO, Don't remmber seening that in minecraft :) (like the skin is)

The thing is with picking that skin is all your images (other than minecraft ones) will looks way way out of place.

True, but I did not want to follow just the Minecraft theme itself. I wanted to follow the 8 bit aspect of the theme, trying to see what I could come up with to fit in properly. I contemplated fading them out, as if they were going into the sky, etc. I definitely agree that it is not in Minecraft, lol.

True, but I did not want to follow just the Minecraft theme itself. I wanted to follow the 8 bit aspect of the theme, trying to see what I could come up with to fit in properly. I contemplated fading them out, as if they were going into the sky, etc. I definitely agree that it is not in Minecraft, lol.
Yea I think you will have a hard time to come :P good luck tho

You'd be better off doing a custom style and having a custom logo/header made with older 8bit games in the header than.

I thought your site was all about Minecraft the moment I got to it.

@ Vodkaholic LoL Good thing I am a very determined individual. But ty nonetheless :D

@ Forsaken, I will definitely look into it as well. Emailed a couple of GFX artists also, see what can get done. I do not see where the Minecraft mindset would come in other than the general themes look, especially with the posts contents, names of forum categories etc. Even going to the site in general I never felt like it was a MC site. But I am looking into some nice themes and seeing if the general customization would definitely change its perspective. I appreciate the input though. :)

There's a couple of things about your forum I really like. First seeing the side bar on the left instead of the right. It works well there and I hope other forums experiment with that too. Second, I like your style and graphics, the pixelated design goes great with your subject matter. Good work.

I would seriously think about removing the footer image. It takes far too much space imo where say a custom footer and header (logo) would give your site a feel that it's more than just minecraft, giving you the option to expand in the gaming niche and at the same time guests not mistaken your site in being dedicated to one game.

Edit: Nice work btw. :)

I was thinking of taking up that task later on today, once I saw it in the actual theme I was thinking to myself.. That is huge. lol Now to get to work on some concepts for that area.. hah

@ Shelley, Thank You. :D

A lot of changes have been done to WeGameYouPlay, hopefully moreso for the better. [I know the banner at the top is a little off from the actual height, when I edited it in PS it showed fine and then it came out like that.] lol I am no PS person :P. I have not used PS other than to do a simple text wallpaper here and there, so believe me I was surprised I could even do what I did. hah

Do you really have the name "wegameyouplay" trademarked? I couldn't find it on uspto.gov
If you create something, it's already technically trademarked. You're free to use ™ without actually registering it, it just implies that you intend to make it your trademark, whether or not you've filed the paperwork to make it official.

When you do register it, then you use ® instead; you're not allowed to use it unless it's actually registered.

Not trademarked yet, I am aiming to do so when I look into it further. The reason I put that up was basically to show intention, show that I want to try and take it as far as I can. :]

Top Bottom