1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watched Resources Categories

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Suggestions' started by Adam Howard, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

When you browse resources, you can browse by catagories

These feature seems lost when you want to locate something you're watching.
    In my case that is almost 5 pages worth and without any organization.
    Except for update notices, it's really hard for me to find what I'm looking for & simply watching something becomes close to useless.

I think it would be very useful if the categories carried over into the watch resources. :)
    optrex, Shelley, Vicki and 6 others like this.
  2. Kira666

Kira666 Member

Vote up. For example i found 2 similar addons then a was looking for a new addon for my forum and can't find their names in watching resources, but i know that they have the same category. This feature'll help to find them.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  3. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Sorry to dig this old thread. I do need something like this to organise my Watched Resources because I would like to categorise which watched resources are installed on my forum and which of them aren't. E.g. I wanna create my own folders/categories such as "My Installed Addons", "To be Installed", "Keep Watching" etc.
    Adam Howard, FredC and erich37 like this.
  4. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

Adam Howard and FredC like this.
  5. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Agreed with all the above points.. Actually my watched resources list is totally unmanageable at this point.
    Adam Howard and erich37 like this.
  6. Vicki

Vicki Active Member

I'd like to suggest to add a 'Watch Category' button at each Resource Category page, with two options:
    1. receive an alert only when a new Resource being added to the Category;
    2. receive an alert when either a new Resource being added to the Category or a Resource update occurred in the Category.

Note: Above was what I wrote for another thread, regarding "Watch Category" in RM, which was marked as Dup by Jeremy.
  7. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Vicki likes this.
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Adam Howard likes this.
  9. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Oh just realized it is different. He wants to be able to sort watched resources by their categories.

Pretty good idea actually.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  10. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

YES :)

Because right now my "watch list" is 12 pages long. And sometimes I'd like to revisit some of them & I don't always recall the name, so a search isn't going to be helpful either.