XF 2.2 Warning Error when upgrading to 2.2.3 patch 1

ZeroG

Help please. Tried upgrading via the admin control panel
here is the error:

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] file_put_contents(/home/forumsforums/public_html/internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/public/_media_site_embed_applemusic.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/Local.php at line 199
XF::handlePhpError()
file_put_contents() in src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/Local.php at line 199
League\Flysystem\Adapter\Local->update() in src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Filesystem.php at line 99
League\Flysystem\Filesystem->put()
call_user_func_array() in src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php at line 431
League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->callFilesystemMethod() in src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php at line 395
League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->delegateMethodCall() in src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php at line 57
League\Flysystem\EventableFilesystem\EventableFilesystem->put() in src/vendor/league/flysystem/src/MountManager.php at line 597
League\Flysystem\MountManager->put() in src/XF/Util/File.php at line 197
XF\Util\File::writeToAbstractedPath() in src/XF/Service/Template/Compile.php at line 146
XF\Service\Template\Compile->writeCompiled() in src/XF/Service/Template/Compile.php at line 43
XF\Service\Template\Compile->recompile() in src/XF/Entity/Template.php at line 433
XF\Entity\Template->_postSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1266
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1260
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/BbCodeMediaSite.php at line 85
XF\AddOn\DataType\BbCodeMediaSite->importAddOnData() in src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php at line 110
XF\Job\AddOnData->run() in src/XF/Job/Atomic.php at line 38
XF\Job\Atomic->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 258
XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 200
XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 151
XF\Job\Manager->runUnique() in src/XF/Install/Controller/AbstractController.php at line 24
XF\Install\Controller\AbstractController->manualJobRunner() in src/XF/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 262
XF\Install\Controller\Upgrade->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2326
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 488
XF::runApp() in install/index.php at line 14
v2.2.3 Patch 1

Last edited:
How can I at least back out of upgrade ....site is stuck with this message:
The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

Thanks Brogan. I had a dentist appointment so just now getting back to this. Site is still sitting at currently being upgraded.

Okay, I've done that. Will the upgrade continue automatically.

Well, it is not continuing automatically. So how do I get out of the upgrade process.
Both admin panel and forums show: The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.

Navigate to /install and resume the process.
Thanks Brogan but I need a bit more info on how to do that.

I naviagated to the page where I started the upgrade and hit enter and refresh but nothing happened
/admin.php?tools/upgrade-xf

Then I looked at server processes to see if I could find a process with upgrade -xf in it but nothing in the process list on the server doing a ps -eaf. :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks jeb. I went to a different browser and did as you and Brogan said and that worked. Back in business.
Appreciate the help guys!!!! Sorry for being a bit dense at times.

Top Bottom