Wanting to know if this is a good Custom Computer

Izagar

Sure it's made by someone else, but I'm not too knowledgeable in terms of computer parts or putting them together.

So I was wondering how this would be:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/AMD_Quad_Core_Configurator/

My boyfriend and I will be sharing the computer. I like to do graphics and digital drawing. He happens to like playing games like Unreal Tournament, Diablo II, La Tale, Wonderland Online, and others. So I'm just wondering would this be good? There's another for $445 I think.

For the configuration I'm seeing on the link, it isn't great. The case is cheap. It will work okay though. The power supply is one of the worst available. You'll be lucky if you get past 1 year with it. You may also want over 4GB of RAM for digital art. The HD6450 is very slow for gaming. The new AMD APUs will have faster graphics built into the processor chip. It also doesn't come with Windows which cost an addition $100 according to the configuration page.

Ah I see... So I guess I should just get parts. Not sure what parts to get. I'm stupid when it comes to hardware. xD

Get an Apple!!!!!!!

Just getting in before the fans hit the thread :cautious:

turtile, you realise you have opened yourself to 101 questions right? First would be is the AMD CPUs superior to the Intel options? Which chips would you recommend?

Sure it's made by someone else, but I'm not too knowledgeable in terms of computer parts or putting them together.

So I was wondering how this would be:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/AMD_Quad_Core_Configurator/

My boyfriend and I will be sharing the computer. I like to do graphics and digital drawing. He happens to like playing games like Unreal Tournament, Diablo II, La Tale, Wonderland Online, and others. So I'm just wondering would this be good? There's another for $445 I think.
Ah I see... So I guess I should just get parts. Not sure what parts to get. I'm stupid when it comes to hardware. xD

Do you have preference as to whether it is an intel or amd processor, or do you "just want a computer that works"?
And of course what is your absolute budget?

If you can answer those two questions I can put a list of parts I would use as if I was building a computer for you as a friend or customer and you can go from there.

Putting the parts together is really cut and dry as just about everything is labeled if you can read very small letters and most of your parts will have only 1 place they can fit. Things like your memory compatibility and which slots to put them in if your not using all of them is important on some boards as well but these are things you can read in your motherboards manual which has instructions for basic assembly.

The one thing you really must pay close attention to and excise some tuned motor skills with when assembling a pc is when mounting your heatsink to be very careful not to get any of the thermal paste on the motherboard and only spread it on the top surface of your processor as it is conductive and can cause damage to your mobo. Also be weary of static and try to remember to discharge any static you may have built up on your person or use an anti-static wrist strap if your prone to receiving a lot of static shocks where you will be assembling the parts.

Other than that it is usually as simple as following the motherboards manual unless you build some outrageous thing with all the bells and whistles. If you have any other questions fire away.

I'm getting this for about $600.00 :)
  • Antec Skeleton Chassis
  • Intel Core™ i7 2600K
  • Intel DH67CLB3 Desktop Board
  • 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit
  • Intel Solid State Drive 320, 80GB
  • Blu-ray Optical Drive

Well anything that works and is decently afforable. Not that it matters, but I have currently $400+ saved right now in my bank or something maybe around what I may estimate around my next two paychecks (so about under $900?).

Well anything that works and is decently afforable. Not that it matters, but I have currently $400+ saved right now in my bank or something maybe around what I may estimate around my next two paychecks (so about under $900?).
Okie dokie ..gimme a lil bit I am just working on something over here and I am pretty sure I am almost done with it. I will build up a list and post it up when I finish.

Feel free to post it whenever. I know a few friends that could make an awesome computer for $500. So if that's possible with EVERY PART it needs, then go ahead and post it. I don't know all the parts for a computer, so I would like to know exactly what I need. ^^;

Top Bottom