Voice and Video Messages [Deleted]

Any chance for voice dictation for voice messages? Would help prevent a decrease in index-able content and also for people who have no interest in listening to someone speak.
From a technical perspective it's possible but this would require a third party service for universal support, and those services cost additional money on a usage basis.

You get a free hour of transcription per month for your first year
That line about the trial simultaneously describes the problems with it. Google used to do it for free, and took it away. It was a promo.

Hey guys,

I just bought the plugin and when I try to install it via Xenforo 2.1, I get this error:

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in src/addons/VideoUploads/vendor/TMA/TAP/src/Databases.php at line 46
XF::handlePhpError() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 444
include() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 444
Composer\Autoload\includeFile() in src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php at line 322
Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass()
spl_autoload_call() in src/addons/VideoUploads/vendor/TMA/TAP/src/platform/Xenforo12.php at line 272
TAP\platform\Xenforo12::install() in src/addons/VideoUploads/Setup.php at line 29
VideoUploads\Setup->install() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 398
XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Please help.

Thanks and talk soon,

Steve

Ok @TMA I think I'm making progress....apparently FileZilla has upload issues sometimes, so I just re-uploaded those files and no more errors....now I just have to confirm the addon actually works.

@TMA - does this work on iPhone 6s? My computer works great, but my iPhone keeps coming up with an Oops error about the file appearing to be empty. Both audio and video.

For anyone considering this addon, it is fantastic and the support from the developer is even better....so responsive and works as advertised! Thanks TMA :D

Reactions: TMA
You get a free hour of transcription per month for your first year
Pricing
$0.0004 per second

Amazon Transcribe API is billed monthly at a rate of $0.0004 per second. Usage is billed in one-second increments, with a minimum per request charge of 15 seconds.

That's cheap. I use to do manual human transcription as a side gig. That stuff is not easy, at all. The quality of the audio varies massively, especially from meetings and it can be very difficult to interpret sometimes. I imagine computational translation of a single short audio bite is magnitudes better at human translation these days if they have enough data to work with. It would be interesting to see how well the product works on some of the tougher audio sound bites.

For a service like this it should be a piece of cake if it's always just one person talking, directly into a mic in a quiet room, composing a message to submit as text online.

Hey @TMA - so I've been using your addon every day in my coaching and it's awesome. One thing I noticed is that when I try to attach MP3's to a post, they aren't showing up.

I just haven't had to attach one until now, so it's probably always been like this.

I know your addon is the culprit because when I disable it, I can see the MP3's attached.

Have you ever seen this error? Is there any modification I need to make to a template?

If I can get the files attaching properly, it would be great. If you can somehow have it so the uploaded MP3's play in a player (like the one that appears when I record a voicenote with your addon), that would be amazing!

Thanks man :)

TMA updated Voice and Video Messages with a new update entry:

Voice and Video Messages v1.2

Fixes
  • Much faster upload speeds, and lower data usage when uploading
  • Media player now works for guests
  • Attachment boxes for non-recorded media now display again
Changes
  • Breaking Change: Custom bbcode tags have been replaced by the built in attach tag
  • Local uploads now display the activity indicator
  • The add-on no longer generates additional queries

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Thanks I found it in SPAM....do I need to convert the Bbcode tags if I want to use this version?

If I can still upgrade without converting, what's the advantage of converting them?

@TMA

Your demo is broken (when uploading an mp4 to youtube).

Couple of questions:

1. Can I selectively enable YT upload button for certain forums?
2. Can I entirely disable the voice recorder button and functionality?
3. Anyone try this with a UIX theme?

Last edited:
Top Bottom