Voice and Video Messages [Deleted]

Great turnaround here.

A few more suggestions, yes I haven't bought this yet so take it as you will:

I suspect we can zap these with CSS but good to have them as options or style props.

1. Option Voice message button in ACP - I suspect few will use this feature so don't want to show the button
  2. Option Post Video button in ACP - given you can post a vid via the quick editor now I'm not sure I want a dedicated Post New Vid button on forums. It's mostly unnecessary for boards that don't rely on video sharing. I would suggest you add option to show/hide from Forum View (Global) as well as Quick Reply (Global)
  3. Don't know if you've run through all the usecases for users backing out of sign into Google, refusing to grant permissions etc but may want to test that.
I will probably get this and try this out with a UIX style not sure if author has tried this but let us know if it's compatible without too much hackery. I assume this is phrased too.

Good job so far. @TMA

Also there's a weird rendering glitch. When I got to forum view I see regular xf buttons then the buttons are redrawn a second later with the YouTube button.

That is not a glitch. The buttons start off hidden in case oauth is not configured correctly by the administrator.

If it is detected to be correct, which takes a second or so and can only be done client-side, then the buttons are made visible.

That is not a glitch. The buttons start off hidden in case oauth is not configured correctly by the administrator.

If it is detected to be correct, which takes a second or so and can only be done client-side, then the buttons are made visible.

Seems to do it on every refresh. So you're checking oauth on every visit? The transition is too jarring and isn't helped by the fact that the standard post thread buttons move a second later. Maybe check on button press then put a modal or something to handle errors and ask user to press again?

Just constructive critique.

No I did not. If that's the expectation you need to flag this to the user differently. Just saying.
Definetely agreed.

Have a quick look at demo site.

1-) By mistake, while uploading is in progress, If I refresh the page, upload seems to be canceled.

2-) Each uploaded video has a similar name as "New Video Post" or "re(...Thread Name...). It will be needed to have an option to give a name.

3-) What will be next year Updates support price ?

4-) I don't have a "Google Developer Console Account". You mention as "available as extra service". What is its price ?

Thanks for your interest and reply.

Last edited:
TMA updated Voice Messages & Video Uploads with a new update entry:

Voice Message & Video Uploads Plugin v1.0.1

Voice Message & Video Uploads Plugin v1.0.1 for XenForo has been released!
  • Microphone button now prompts correctly
  • Chrome non-submission issue
  • Use existing gapi if already loaded
  • Button width overflow on forum view
  • Buttons are now visible by default but greyed out until visible
  • Submission trigger now shakes instead of fading in and out
  • Use existing gapi if already loaded

Read the rest of this update entry...

1-) By mistake, while uploading is in progress, If I refresh the page, upload seems to be canceled.
There is no way to stop a page refresh from canceling an in-progress upload.
2-) Each uploaded video has a similar name as "New Video Post" or "re(...Thread Name...). It will be needed to have an option to give a name.
This automatically updates to the name of the thread. Except with the media gallery, where we have to use defaults.
4-) I don't have a "Google Developer Console Account". You mention as "available as extra service". What is its price ?
The cost is for the service of setting everything up; the Google Developer Console Account itself is free since we are only using YT.
From mobile phone doesn't work.
There were two bugs that were fixed in 1.0.1; please confirm on the demo it's fixed.
Is it foreseen in the future the implementation of direct videos like those of Facebook, that is the live video sending?
It already supports live video sending; do you mean streaming, or is it currently not giving you an option to record from the camera?

Last edited:
Streaming no for technical reasons. It should be showing the camera for live recording though, if this isn't the case please confirm.

Last edited:
Hey, sorry to come across as overly critical but the UX still needs a bit of work.

Right now process appears to be:
  1. Open forum, wait for YT button to render
  2. Hit button
  3. Record or select video locally
  4. Go through 2 Google permission screens (one for API and one for channel) - I know there's not much you can do on this
  5. Go back to same page with only prompt being a button wobble
  6. Upload
Any missed steps or accidental refreshes takes you back to step 1.

Better UX:
  1. Open forum
  2. Hit button
  3. Set permissions - one time
  4. Pick video
  5. Go to dedicated page or modal to start upload and set title/content or back out
Alternatively for step 3 and 4 set YT permissions it in your user preferences and maybe even set some title/video/content defaults for subsequent uploads.

Or something to that effect. It's simply not intuitive enough at the moment for the average user.

Great to see this being developed. @TMA

Top Bottom