MG 1.1 Video Conversion

BrianC

I purchased and installed XFMG 1.11 and installed on XF 1.5.12. I had the host enable FFMPEG on my VPS and as far as I can tell it is working. I had to adjust some php limits to get them to upload without a security message.

My question is when someone uploads videos from a phone can they be resized to be smaller? I uploaded a 42 MB MP4 video from my browser and it loaded fine but the file size is exactly the same when played on the xenforo install on my website. I was not able to find any files online to test uploads for conversion such as wmv or similar. Seems when you search for them you find mainly Youtube videos that were once names something.wmv. Anyone have a link to a sample wmv file so I can at least test the the conversion is working??

At this point I have been unsuccessful in uploading anything from my phone. When using the upload video button it sits for a while at 0% progress and then jumps to 100% but the video has not been uploaded and you cannot save.

Trying to figure out how to best configure this. I would like to set to minimize the file sizes for various reasons. I do not know f there is anyway to store images on AWS space or similar?

I uploaded a 42 MB MP4 video from my browser and it loaded fine but the file size is exactly the same when played

I have the same concern. But it's by design. Transcoding takes place when uploading videos in a nonstandard type e.g., .avi or wmv -- which browsers typically can't play. Your 42 MB MP4 is a h.264, so browsers will play it and nothing else needs to be done. Though, the drawback is the big size.

To compare with Vimeo: I uploaded a good quality video. The playback version (transcoded) is only 24% in file size but practically identical in image quality. With that small size overall quality and playback becomes much much better (smooth), especially on older devices.

I'd like an option to choose transcoding for the purpose of reducing file size. Perhaps a check-box "Force Transcoding".

Top Bottom