verticalscope.com?

steven s

Anyone hear of verticalscope.com?
I received an email that they are interested in one of my sites.
It looks like they are buying automotive sites.

If you care about your community dont sell to them.. They will run it straight into the ground.. Vertical Scope is very similier to Internet Brands.. http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39544&highlight=Vertical Scope lol the name pretty much says it all. more ads then content. and the mamagment cares little about the communities and only want ad clicks. (who doesn't) but not at the expense of the community that made these sites what they once where.

Don't sell to them. All they do is buy high traffic communities just so they can slander it with ads all over the place. The pretend that they care about your members and sure it seems they do at first until a couple months go by and more and more advertisements show up. They have a huge network of sites and mainly powersports related.

Who cares who you sell to, as long as they meet your price and make a full cash payment.

If I sell you my home, I could not care less if you burn it down or bulldoze it after I move all my stuff off the land I sold you.

Who cares who you sell to, as long as they meet your price and make a full cash payment.

If I sell you my home, I could not care less if you burn it down or bulldoze it after I move all my stuff off the land I sold you.

It's ironic that you say such a thing considering.

If you don't plan on thinking about the long term then by all means sell to a company that will ultimately destroy your site, work. Why would you care if you don't plan on creating another forum again and your old members know never to get involved in any of your sites which will stop any long term plans that you may have.

Your rich, you have bags of money that you can retire on. Sell it. Reputation, creditability and all those fine attributes don't mean anything if you don't have a long term plan you have nothing to worry about.

Well Shelley, obviously that is what the directors of Jelsoft did and that hurt thousands of forums, so you have a point, but selling a single website is not software used by 130,000 forums at the same time.

Well Shelley, obviously that is what the directors of Jelsoft did and that hurt thousands of forums, so you have a point, but a single website is not software at the same time.

I wasn't going to debate here but whether you poop on 10,000 or 1 person it's the same thing. People talk, spread word and thus 1 person can destroy a persons creditability and reach out to the world. Even easier now with these pesky social networks, carrier pigeons, morse code etc etc and so forth.

I'm not saying he shouldn't sell, but at some point the repercussions can and normally will bite you in the backside. Bad advice Anthony considering your experience and I'm a mere thick as poop type of woman who cannot, will not speak proper english that knows every area of selling needs to be explored.

Shelley, the point I am making is this, you have worked your entire life, when you get the opportunity to 'cash in' that does not come along everyday, if a buyer wants your website or business and is willing to give you 200 grand so you can buy that home you dreamed about all your life, you are going to sell and will not look back, because now you have the opportunity to move on and make moves with your life.

By all means if you are motivated to sell then sell, But if you care about what you have built from the ground up watching the guaranteed destruction of your work can be a tough pill to swallow. At the same time i agree you wont have any right to complain after the check is in your hands.. VS are bullies and even try strong arming their competition. and if you do sell you will have to sign a non compete agreement and that could get hairy if you already own a cpl sites in the same or similar niche.. To each his own.. I wouldnt fault anyone for selling out for the right price.. But i couldn't do that to my communities.. (members) because in many cases i have became very close to these people and they trust me Plus i don't deal in Automotive sites.. I have a K-9 network and Vertical Scope's Monetization practices wouldn't sit well with me where live animals/pets are concerned.. These people only care about the bottom line and selling vendor space to the highest bidding breeder or Joe Blows Pet Super Store. is bad business.

Vertical Scope Own a Dozen dog sites if not more and in some cases their policy's regarding buying and selling dogs closely resembles slave trading. Maybe im over reacting to some people here, But i take the lives of companion pets very seriously.

I was contacted once by vertical scope inquiring if I wanted to sell my site to them. I never replied.

Has anyone sold a site to vertical scope? How did the process go? How did they establish your site's value?

Shelley, the point I am making is this, you have worked your entire life, when you get the opportunity to 'cash in' that does not come along everyday, if a buyer wants your website or business and is willing to give you 200 grand so you can buy that home you dreamed about all your life, you are going to sell and will not look back, because now you have the opportunity to move on and make moves with your life.
I agree with this post. I know many websites get bought for 14 thousand dollars and above and they were run for 1 year or more.

Its like this guy, he built niche gaming websites and sold them for 10k and above: www.brian-lowell.com

Those sites are shocking with all the ads. I've had two decent offers over the years, well above what my main site is worth, both from medical sites / companies... and I refused them both on the grounds I know they are full of ****e... off-course their going to plague ads all over the site. Yuk... I couldn't do it to the very readers and members who make a forum a community in the first place.

Hope you don't sell steven.

Top Bottom