• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vertical scope acquires Crowdgather?

FredC

Cant find any official press release but thought this was a rather large buyout since Crowdgather already has several forums in its arsenal.. Can anyone confirm?

FredC

Hmmm I guess a false alarm? Possibly a late April fools joke?
I dunno.. I really expected some forum junky to either confirm or deny this..

FredC

In doing some more research it looks like VS has purchased some Crowdgather forums.. However Crowdgather itself seems to be doing business as usual..

FredC

Another (APC) AquaticPlantCentral.com

Interesting.. I wonder why a company with a business model that places an emphasis in online forums would be selling off their inventory, esp to a competitor?

Brent W

Another (APC) AquaticPlantCentral.com

Interesting.. I wonder why a company with a business model that places an emphasis in online forums would be selling off their inventory, esp to a competitor?
CrowdGather seems to be moving to an advertising model rather than a owning content model. Not really sure though. Sanjay has never really seemed like he put a lot of effort into the ones he had. Most of their pageviews come from free forum hosting setups they have purchased.

Brent W

They sold the following domains to VS
Motorcycleforum.com;
NgEmu.com;
Pcsx.net;
Emuforums.com;
Psxemu.com
PocketBikePlanet.com;
PersonalityCafe.com;
Personalitycafe.net;
Personalitycafe.org;
Personalitycafe.info;