[VersoBit] Badges [Deleted]

On mobile, if you choose to display badge, it would stay on the right of the postbit. What needs to be done to position it on the left under the username like in the desktop postbit display.
Thank you

Hi,
When should we expect a new version of your wonderful plugin? 😊
I look forward to the feature to grant a badge and to hide one previously received
I currently work full time between developing addons so my release schedule is not set in stone; I prioritize releasing when there are critical issues reported that need repair (like a version incompatibility, etc.)

We're probably going to see Import/Export functions and removable badges (automatically if criteria is no longer met) in the next release.

You can follow what I am working on here (on our GitHub); we also have a Discussion Board specifically for suggesting new features, and showing off your own customizations (that could potentially be adopted into our addon).

On mobile, if you choose to display badge, it would stay on the right of the postbit. What needs to be done to position it on the left under the username like in the desktop postbit display.
Thank you
I am currently working on solidifying the Wiki article for how to manage styling and template integrations (for templates that aren't standard); This should hopefully make things more clear and provide better examples of how to work with Badges.

Something like this should do the trick:
CSS:
.featuredBadges--message {
    justify-content: start !important;
}
@media (max-width: 650px){
        position: relative !important;
        top: 0 !important;
        right: 0 !important;
    }
}

I will add a toggle for this in the next version in style properties, so keep this as an override in your extra.less until next version; let me know if this solved it for you.

Pretty nice.
I post an idea on github but pasting here as well.

I have a Verified account badge that I manually assign to members I know personally who use their real name. Sort of like verified Twitter, FB account.
I wonder if we can designate a badge featured which will be show next to their username. So, my main use will be to have a small green check badge next to their username. Styling for this would be a bit different, smaller compared to the other badges.

Pretty nice.
I post an idea on github but pasting here as well.

I have a Verified account badge that I manually assign to members I know personally who use their real name. Sort of like verified Twitter, FB account.
I wonder if we can designate a badge featured which will be show next to their username. So, my main use will be to have a small green check badge next to their username. Styling for this would be a bit different, smaller compared to the other badges.
[GitHub Discussion Thread]

As I have mentioned previously in this thread, this is not something I would look at integrating considering there are addons like [XP] Verification Badge

It has recently been taken over by @Ozzy47 and will probably have an update soon to XF2.2 - overall it would provide you a much more feature rich way to offer verification compared to what this would do if I were to take on implementing something like this.

I fear my time would be better spent bringing other features into the addon before spending my time on this.

However I wont shut the idea down fully, Let me know your thoughts around what you're trying to do compared to what the above addon offers.

Last edited:
It has recently been taken over by @Ozzy47 and will probably have an update soon to XF2.2 - overall it would provide you a much more feature rich way to offer verification compared to what this would do if I were to take on implementing something like this.

Yes, it is on my short list of things to get done.

I didn't know about that addon. Very nice! (using Borat's voice) but looks like overkill for my needs to manually verify some members.
Yours meets my needs pretty much. That checkmark is a pretty minor request, no big deal.
I love that your addon allows me to utilize user criteria which is a must in our case. We have many custom addons and many of the variables are exposed via user criteria.
For example, I can reward a badge for people who took and pass all the quizzes and score 90% average, etc.
I'm excited about upcoming changes and I hope there is an expanded ability for finer control of badge eligibility.

We're probably going to see Import/Export functions and removable badges (automatically if criteria is no longer met) in the next release.
Very nice. I will probably update the criteria for the badge and it will be great if the badge is automatically removed if a user no longer qualified.

@VersoBit
The css you gave at end of post 122 would align the badge to the left on the desktop postbit too, even if there is one badge instead of center as default.
it should only affect mobile postbit, not desktop.

@VersoBit
The css you gave at end of post 122 would align the badge to the left on the desktop postbit too, even if there is one badge instead of center as default.
it should only affect mobile postbit, not desktop.
Just move the justify content line into the mobile viewport and remove the non mobile class.

Got it. leaving it here for reference.
CSS:
@media (max-width: 650px){
        justify-content: start !important;
        position: relative !important;
        top: 0 !important;
        right: 0 !important;
    }
}

Feature request: make badges viewable based on usergroup permission
By default, all badges are public.
If there is an option so only admin and mod can see specific badges, we can use this to show members with specific user criteria. I think the possibilities are great.
For example, if you are a teacher using the forum, you can see students who got a warning badge because they haven't posted or submitted HW after X days, etc.

As I have mentioned previously in this thread, this is not something I would look at integrating considering there are addons like [OzzModz] Verification Badge

Yes, it is on my short list of things to get done.

Updated to work with 2.2 and price reduced. Sorry to derail the thread.

Just updated from CMTV 1.0.6 and working great, thanks :)
I see the CSS options to add color to the icons, but as I have three styles it is cumbersome. Any option to have a built-in color picker for the FA icons?
Also, the mobile view is more "crowded" than the desktop view. Maybe an option to define spacing separately for the mobile view?

Hi,
Why this user has 5 badges but only shows one in his postbit?

It depends on your settings. If you have set postbit to show automatically recent badges, then check limit of featured badges per user in group permissions. Otherwise users are allowed to feature bagdes onlyby themselves, so this user might have just one badge pinned in his profile, because he featured only this one ;)

It depends on your settings. If you have set postbit to show automatically recent badges, then check limit of featured badges per user in group permissions. Otherwise users are allowed to feature bagdes onlyby themselves, so this user might have just one badge pinned in his profile, because he featured only this one ;)
wait, I don't want the users to manage what badges to show in their profiles. So is this option correct?

1608027526825.webp

I was thinking about the display for mobile devices. Maybe there could be a small link/button that simply says 'Badges' - Clicking it will display a pop up / overlay showing all of the users badges. That, or just a link to their badges. The popup would be cool though. Of course, an option for this to be displayed / not displayed.

@VersoBit

If you click on the user name you already have a modal popping up with the user badges included.
I like the option to display on mobile, it should just have separate styling to the desktop view.

Currently have a busier personal life at the moment, sorry for the delay on responding to everyone!

wait, I don't want the users to manage what badges to show in their profiles. So is this option correct?

View attachment 242153
Yes, this setting is correct.

What does featured badge do?
It allows your users to select a few badges to display instead of automatically selecting a badge based on the global settings.
You can customize in permissions how many badges can be displayed, and whether a user can manage their badges.

Just updated from CMTV 1.0.6 and working great, thanks :)
I see the CSS options to add color to the icons, but as I have three styles it is cumbersome. Any option to have a built-in color picker for the FA icons?
Also, the mobile view is more "crowded" than the desktop view. Maybe an option to define spacing separately for the mobile view?
As much as I'd love to add in the built in color picking functions; there is too wide of a net of what you can customize that I would just prefer to provide a full documentation with examples on how badges can be customized by working with code in your extra.less file.

The wiki currently has a small example based on what we have done in the forums so far... Still lots more to document....

Style properties should carry over from the desktop view for your spacing... But yes, a mobile separate setting should be added.

I was thinking about the display for mobile devices. Maybe there could be a small link/button that simply says 'Badges' - Clicking it will display a pop up / overlay showing all of the users badges. That, or just a link to their badges. The popup would be cool though. Of course, an option for this to be displayed / not displayed.

@VersoBit
Not sure i'd want to implement modals and popups on mobile devices, it just makes the user interface unclear... If badges make your area look crowded, it might be best to reduce the number of badges displayed instead.

Top Bottom