[VersoBit] Badges [Deleted]

Ok, there is something i don't understand : badges are awarded through trophies criterias ? What about the 2 attachments you provide above ?

Ok, there is something i don't understand : badges are awarded through trophies criterias ? What about the 2 attachments you provide above ?
Screenshots above were to just provide an example of some of the functions available; I recommend you install this plugin on a test forum to see if it's right for you.

This addon currently does not support awarding badges based on criteria of "trophies" but I can add it to the enhancement list for a future update.

We currently do have options available to award badges to users based on other badges though:
1605742344839.webp

Reactions: rdn
so as I understand it, currently this addon cannot assign a badge to a user who would have reached 100 solutions for example, is that it ?
Sorry if i misunderstand, my english is pretty bad.

so as I understand it, currently this addon cannot assign a badge to a user who would have reached 100 solutions for example, is that it ?
Sorry if i misunderstand, my english is pretty bad.
You should have the option to either set them when the user has answered at least X questions, or has answered no more than X questions; see attached.
View attachment 240002
As shown in the above screenshot; you can award a badge to a user based on the amount of "questions" they have answered;

In this case, you would set "User has solved at least X questions" to 100.

You can see an example of this working on one of my live sites: https://fellowsfilm.com/help/badges/

And dont worry about the language barrier, were here to help! :)

I will install the addon in my localhost forum to understand, beacause i'm still confused between trophies and badges. 🤪
Thanks for your patience, i'll be back ! (A. Schwarznsen Arnold S.)

• Haha
Reactions: Lee
Quick note for anyone who needs it, I will be documenting all styles available for styling in the CSS Class section; Wiki page here with a basic example for now: https://github.com/VersoBit/XF-Badges/wiki/Styling-Badges

I will install the addon in my localhost forum to understand, beacause i'm still confused between trophies and badges. 🤪
Thanks for your patience, i'll be back ! (A. Schwarznsen Arnold S.)
No worries! This system is completely different from trophies; you can use it without trophies, or alongside trophies!

MRW I'm a sad killer cyborg n gotta go for a swim in molton lava in the hopes they won't make ...gif

It's amazing to see this as a free addon for the xf community. Thanks OP.

I'm on the fence as I'm running Addon flares awards and not entirely happy with the level of support there. I realise the two work differently but wondering if I can suggest an importer for this.

Are these errors happening in the CRON environment, or on your ACP/Frontend?
ACP I guess. Where can I check errors in the CRON environment?

Xon's Warning Improvements might be causing this issue (just a hunch).
It looks like you're right. It's got disabled yesterday and those errors didn't happen this morning. I'll let you know in case it would appear again.
Anyway, I've got more errors (but they are not connected with bagdes addon) and more Xon's addons enabled (user activity and hide poll results), might they be reasons of other similar errors?

Are you in a shared hosting environment?
Shared hosting.

ACP I guess. Where can I check errors in the CRON environment?

It looks like you're right. It's got disabled yesterday and those errors didn't happen this morning. I'll let you know in case it would appear again.
Anyway, I've got more errors (but they are not connected with bagdes addon) and more Xon's addons enabled (user activity and hide poll results), might they be reasons of other similar errors?

Shared hosting.
Sounds like you just need some updates to get your forum back in shape. Let me know if any other complications like this come up.

With shared hosting you are probably hitting the limits of your hosts sql database. If those kinds of errors continue you may want to consider a VPS or a dedicated database.

Errors that are sent by "Cron" are usually just put into your error log from an "unknown user"

Reactions: TFW
How can we show the given icons in postbit?
They should be applied automatically in XF2.1 (default theme). Currently this addon is having support for 2.2 completed and should be done soon.

Can I confirm what version of XenForo you are using? and what theme?

I am using the latest version. It did not appear in the default theme. When it was not in my theme, I removed it.

Top Bottom