1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 3.x to xenForo 1.0.x style importer

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by Fufu, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

Who wants to create a vBulletin 3.x to xenForo 1.0.x style importer? I thought it would be a great idea, yet I am not paying for it. Just a suggestion to better add to the appeal of the xenForo community. I do not expect anyone to do this, but might be a fun project and build reputation for a upcoming or well-known styler.
    arabic likes this.
  2. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

I imagine the most time consuming task would be the mapping. If somebody hasn't already done that, then that would be the first place to start with since even a typed up listing would be a start for those wishing to convert their vB 3.x styles over to XF.
  3. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

The main challenge would be the fact that XenForo makes use of a wider palette than vBulletin 3 - a certain number of colours would have to be made up or derived by lightening and darkening values fetched from vBulletin, but in theory it's possible.
    arabic likes this.
  4. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

I was thinking of creating a style when you can enter vB properties and it will mimic your vBulletin style look. But it will take a lot of time to make such a style. Maybe a month later.