1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vb Paid Subscriptions Import Status?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by MGSteve, May 24, 2011.

1. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Are the paid subscriptions pulled over from vb during an export yet? i.e. the subscription levels themselves and the status of the subscriptions for those members who have an active sub?

Obviously it would be a bit much to expect the call backs to work for currently active subs, I'm expecting to have to do a mass cancellation of people's PayPal subscriptions when we move over, but the key thing is that the subscriptions are pulled over to XF & then the members are notified as per normal when the sub is about to expire so that they can then go and set a new PayPal sub up through XF.
    shawn likes this.
  2. ankurs

ankurs Well-Known Member

i am looking forward to this too, cant migrate without it
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It doesn't import them, though I'll make a note of it and see if it can happen in a future version.
    petertdavis and Alien like this.
  4. MGSteve

Please, as this is going to cause major issues for us otherwise and I would imagine any other forum that currently uses paid subs. In actual fact, if I wasn't a coder myself and could probably get around it, it would be a showstopper. Currently any forum with paid subs really can't migrate over to XF as it would mean loosing the paid sub information and all members defaulting to a normal member again - painful would be an understatement.
  5. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried writing a query to do this after the import? The userids changed from vB -> XF, so you'd have to match accounts by username.

This is one of two things (publicly joinable usergroups is the other) that have prevented me from migrating.
  6. MGSteve

if its that easy (and I'm not saying its not), then it really shouldn't be hard to add into the vB importer...
  7. kontrabass

kontrabass Well-Known Member

This is a must for us as well. It sounds trivial but with several thousands of active subscriptions, there's no other option than an automated query or importer functionality.
  8. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

This is important for me as well.
  9. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the "extra" column is for in xf_user_upgrade_active? It looks like just a few specifics about the upgrade that was purchased... seems like things would work fine so long as you get the userid and start and end dates plugged into the table.
  10. MGSteve

bump - any update on this Mike / Kier as its not in 1.1 and we need it.
  11. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Hi Mike,
    Feel free to butcher up parts of my importer of subscriptions if you need to.

IIRC the subscription system from vb3 > vb4 was identical, so if you want to, just change my extended importer to attach to the Xenforo 3.x importer and it *should* work.
  12. MGSteve

lol, you make it sound easy! I'll have a butchers tomorrow. :)
  13. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Change line 3 from

class XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4Plus extends XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4

class XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4Plus extends whatever_mikes_importer_is_called
  14. MGSteve

ah ok, that does sound easy! ;)
  15. Bellinis

Bellinis Active Member

As I understand it, there's no vb 3.8.x importer for paid subscriptions yet?
  16. kontrabass

kontrabass Well-Known Member

I don't think so :(
  17. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

Trying to get this working on vB 3.8 according to Slavik's note above. I changed line 3 to say

class XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4Plus extends XenForo_Importer_vBulletin
    And it shows up like it should in the vB 3.8 import pane. But when I run it, I get this error:

18. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

19. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

Finally, went back and did it the way it was intended to be used... importing vB4 to xF 1.03, using the original Paul M script. Same error.

This isn't exactly the place to troubleshoot Slavik's script. I'll move the discussion there instead.