vB 3.8.7 - the last 3 series release

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmnkhhn

Guys, hurry up!
With 3.8.7 as the last 3 series release the clock is ticking.

I am not going to use vB 4 so I need an alternative anytime soon... ;)

I've been toying with VB 4 in a test environment since it was released in beta back late last year. Every time I upgrade the test area I hope, "Will this bug be fixed" to find, well, it's not. They rushed the release and now they're paying for it.

Said this before, but this alpha release seems more bug-free than VB 4.0.6.

I've been toying with VB 4 in a test environment since it was released in beta back late last year. Every time I upgrade the test area I hope, "Will this bug be fixed" to find, well, it's not. They rushed the release and now they're paying for it.

Said this before, but this alpha release seems more bug-free than VB 4.0.6.

Which is funny, because this basically could have ended up being vB4 (Design wise) had Kier been in the XenForo mood that day, and now here it is doing better with less bugs and only a couple people working on it.

I think we're the ones paying for it. :(

I still love the software; I'm parting ways on a good note. It's management's past decisions that concern me for the future of vB.

I played with 4.x for a while and got to know it quite well. I like it better than the 3.8 series, only because there is more I can do with it.

When I say my good-byes there, I'll open a support ticket. There is no way I'll start a public thread, as they seem to go very negative in a short period of time. And that is something I do not want. I really respect Wayne, Steve, and Trevor, and they are the ones I want to say my farewells to. There will be no negatives, just me wishing them all the best, and success in future endevours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom