1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vB 3.7/3.8 Database request to test the xF importer

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kaiser, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Can anyone donate a vB 3.7/3.8 Database so I can test the vB to xF importer. This is only for testing purposes so I can gain a better knowledge of how the xenforo importer works. All of your personal data will be safe. You can give me a very old one, or if you have a vbulletin test forum that runs 3.7/3.8 you can give me that database and not one from a live forum.

Thanks.

2. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

You would need to own vB to do this and by owning vB gives you access to the Impex script. If you do own a copy of both, then you could set up a test site yourself. If you do not own a copy of these you shouldn't have a copy and thus wouldn't be able to play around with the imports.

Jamie

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

All you need is just a a MySQL database which you import through the ACP in XenForo.

4. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

Ah, that is correct... long day here.. my mind isn't working. :) I was thinking about how I had to go from IPB to vB to xF. I didn't own vB any longer so I had a friend convert it for me... Sorry.

Continue with your search. :)

Jamie

Kaiser likes this.
  5. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Haha its happens :)

6. Jonathan Carl

Jonathan Carl Active Member

I may have one for you, but I wont have access to it until later today

Kaiser likes this.
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member