VaultWiki Lite [Deleted]

VaultWiki has a different install process from other add-ons. If you aren't familiar with it, you will need the manual to install. Please try now.

Finally fond some time to install VaultWiki and everything seems to have gone well, no errors or anything. I also managed to create a few simple pages, for testing purposes.

I have two questions to start with, I'm having a hard time finding the answer to myself :)
- Is there a simple permission setting for the 'Wiki' navigation button/tab to appear for certain usergroups? I have tried setting the 'Can view the wiki Index?' to 'Yes', but that didn't do the trick. I had to add a specific user to the 'Wiki Moderator' group for the tab to appear. I think I'm currently slightly overwhelmed with the options - is there a simple setting which allows one usergroup, for example the default 'Registered' one, to view (but not yet, until I decide to open editing for everyone) the Wiki? -> the 'Wiki' tab showing

- Is there a separate setting for commenting on pages? As main Administrator, I don't see an option to comment on my own created pages. I have created a testaccount which is part of the Wiki Moderator group, but that doesn't see any commenting option either on pages created by the main Admin account. Nor vice versa (no commenting options for pages created by the testaccount).
What I would like to achieve with this - have the main article/page contain the actual objective information and any comments would be subjective - experience with the 'subject' of the article/page.

I am sure I'm just missing the most simplest of setting, but a pointer in the right direction would be appreciated!

And on a sidenote - thank you for all your hard work and support - it does not go unnoticed :)

The permission for the 'Wiki' navigation button is the one you expected: 'Can view the wiki Index?'
However, only forum administrators can see it if the following option is disabled:
AdminCP > Home > Options > VaultWiki: Site Config > Wiki Active

There are separate permissions to post comments, but you probably found them and turned them on already. I think this might be a bug that affects the Lite version. In vault/core/model/area/vw.php, find (2x):
Code:
$area['topiclist'] = array();
Replace with (2x):
Code:
$area['topiclist'] = array(-1);

Thank you for your swift reply, again :)

The Wiki is (and was) set to Active, so I'm thinking the TestAccount (or any other usergroup with the setting enabled) should be able to see it, but didn't. I'm sure that's a setting or tick I've missed though, I will have another look at that.

Also, the codefix worked! As soon as I replaced the line, the extra 'Comments' tab showed up! I was looking for the option to switch between the extra tab or having the comments shown below the article, but that may be a 'Full' version only option. This works for now!

It's an idea I've had myself and have yet to share with the rest of the staff. But I'm sure they'll like it and I think as soon as we start filling the Wiki that we may upgrade to the paid version :)

pegasus updated VaultWiki Lite with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.8

(released December 24, 2015)
  • Style Properties for History Status Colors
  • Fixed instant emails for edits to same subscribed page
  • Fixed email notifications for feed updates
  • Fixed feed entries not removed when feed is deleted
  • Fixed E_NOTICE errors still halt install/upgrade with debug off
  • Fixed invalid closing tags in wiki prefs
  • Fixed array to string conversion editing comments
  • Fixed fatal error upgrading to 4.0.6 from 4.0.0 Beta 7
  • Fixed can't chmod existing CSS...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The full release notes are here: https://www.vaultwiki.org/articles/182/

Last edited:
pegasus updated VaultWiki Lite with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.9

(released March 2, 2016)
  • upgrade might skip number of steps from previous upgrade
  • tweaked responsive style on some pages
  • add-on upgrade control doesn't redirect to upgrade script
  • can't create global feeds if not allowed to make personal
  • platform upgrade doesn't trigger wiki upgrade when needed
  • possible schema mismatches when reinstalling
  • About 70 other bugs were fixed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey @pegasus

I'm gonna play around with the lite version before deciding if I want premium. If I do, is it possible to upgrade without losing any content or customizations?

Yes, there is an upgrade process for Lite users. If you encounter any issues with the upgrade, please request help from support. Uninstalling will cause you to lose content.

Code:
Importing configuration settings

An exception occurred: The callback class 'vw_XenForo_Option_AttachUsage' for option 'vw_attach_usage' is not valid. in /home2/v/******.com/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php on line 1359

[LIST=1]
[*][B]XenForo_DataWriter->_haveErrorsPreventSave()[/B] in [B]library/XenForo/DataWriter.php[/B] at line [B]1401[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_DataWriter->save()[/B] in [B]library/XenForo/Model/Option.php[/B] at line [B]1131[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml()[/B] in [B]vault/install/lib/common/xf.php[/B] at line [B]54[/B]
[*][B]vw_Install_Common_Controller_XF->do_options()[/B] in [B]vault/install/lib/full/steps/xf.php[/B] at line [B]272[/B]
[*][B]vw_Install_Full_Steps_Controller_XF->{closure}()[/B] in [B]vault/core/controller/progress/steps/vw.php[/B] at line [B]76[/B]
[*][B]vw_Progress_Steps_Controller->call()[/B] in [B]vault/core/controller/progress/steps/vw.php[/B] at line [B]49[/B]
[*][B]vw_Progress_Steps_Controller->execute()[/B] in [B]vault/install/lib/full/steps/vw.php[/B] at line [B]232[/B]
[*][B]vw_Install_Full_Steps_Controller->execute()[/B] in [B]vault/core/controller/progress/vw.php[/B] at line [B]92[/B]
[*][B]vw_Progress_Controller->exec_script()[/B] in [B]vault/core/controller/progress/vw.php[/B] at line [B]74[/B]
[*][B]vw_Progress_Controller->execute()[/B] in [B]vault/core/controller/cp/progress/vw.php[/B] at line [B]34[/B]
[*][B]vw_CP_Progress_Controller->process()[/B] in [B]vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php[/B] at line [B]258[/B]
[*][B]vw_CP_Install_Controller->install()[/B] in [B]vault/core/controller/cp/install/vw.php[/B] at line [B]62[/B]
[*][B]vw_CP_Install_Controller->execute()[/B] in [B]library/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php[/B] at line [B]119[/B]
[*][B]vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionIndex()[/B] in [B]library/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php[/B] at line [B]176[/B]
[*][B]vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionUpgrade()[/B] in [B]library/vw/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Wiki.php[/B] at line [B]186[/B]
[*][B]vw_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Wiki->actionInstall()[/B] in [B]library/XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] at line [B]351[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()[/B] in [B]library/XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] at line [B]134[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->run()[/B] in [B]admin.php[/B] at line [B]13[/B]
[/LIST]

Hangs at install. Any ideas?

In vault/install/lib/db/xml/settings/xf-lite.xml, find:
Code:
  <option option_id="vw_attach_usage" edit_format="spinbox" data_type="positive_integer" can_backup="1" validation_class="vw_XenForo_Option_AttachUsage" validation_method="validate">
    <default_value>10000</default_value>
    <edit_format_params>min=1
step=250</edit_format_params>
    <sub_options></sub_options>
    <relation group_id="vw_types_settings" display_order="10"/>
  </option>
Remove this code. That setting is not included in the Lite version. I will upload an updated ZIP shortly.

Last edited:
In vault/install/lib/db/xml/settings/xf-lite.xml, find:
Code:
  <option option_id="vw_attach_usage" edit_format="spinbox" data_type="positive_integer" can_backup="1" validation_class="vw_XenForo_Option_AttachUsage" validation_method="validate">
    <default_value>10000</default_value>
    <edit_format_params>min=1
step=250</edit_format_params>
    <sub_options></sub_options>
    <relation group_id="vw_types_settings" display_order="10"/>
  </option>
Remove this code. That setting is not included in the Lite version. I will upload an updated ZIP shortly.

Ok, I removed that and got to I think step 15. It locked up at the install and I ended up having to manually disable this addon to allow the forum to function as it created a DB error.
BTW, I did not mention before this is XF 1.5.7 if that matters with a few add-ons.

Have not been able to recreate the DB error but I downloaded the package again and attempted to install. Got to step 15 again I think and blew things up again. Server errors are as follows:

Code:
 Fatal Error: Call to undefined method vw_Plugins_General_Model::preload_templates() - vault/core/model/plugins/general/xf.php:49

Code:
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Code:
Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "http://website.com/admin.php?wiki/install"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["wiki/install"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Not sure whats going on. I'll keep trying some edits.

Top Bottom