XF 1.5 Using/Choosing Tags

Steve Freides

I have a couple of tag-related requests from my users. Specifically:

They would like a list of tags from which to choose (in addition to keeping the option of supplying their own). The purpose of these tags would be to work with a pre-existing search and notify them of new relevant content.

E.g., eBay tells me when something I've asked it to search for comes up for sale. One of my users would like, e.g., to tell XF that he's interested in posts tagged as, e.g., "jejune" and then be given an Alert every time a new post shows up that's tagged "jejune."

I suppose the saved-search feature could also be made to work with just words, not tags, e.g., every time the word "jejune" appears in a post, issue an Alert to the user.

Can we already do this? If not out-of-the-box, is there an add-on?

Thanks in advance.

-S-

E.g., eBay tells me when something I've asked it to search for comes up for sale. One of my users would like, e.g., to tell XF that he's interested in posts tagged as, e.g., "jejune" and then be given an Alert every time a new post shows up that's tagged "jejune."

I suppose the saved-search feature could also be made to work with just words, not tags, e.g., every time the word "jejune" appears in a post, issue an Alert to the user.

This -> https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tinhte-xentag.770/
The "Watch Tag" feature allows you to be emailed or alerted when the tag is used, among other awesome features.

Top Bottom