Resource icon

UserVoice (XF 2.0) 1.0.1 v4.1 install fix

No permission to download
BTW, if you know how change this TMS for work with Vanjoe's addons and not broke it for others - i'll glad to change it

Last edited:
There is only 1 <xf:checkboxrow> in the original template, so you could narrow your find part down to that. Otherwise, you could give your template modification a lower execution order, i.e. 1-9.

There is only 1 <xf:checkboxrow> in the original template
Other addons may have own checkbox sets

Otherwise, you could give your template modification a lower execution order, i.e. 1-9.
This should change other addons, if something already change this one. I think need found some like node menu...

So is this like a reddit forum lookalike?
This like uservoice lookalike. Addon was made because uservoice have a very expensive price, so i made own one for my project. Also here are dislikes, because CEO ask for it
Uservoice example:
2018-05-04-04_58-Allow-an-alias-to-be-associated-with-Baseline-Baseline-1-Baseline-2-etc-%E2%80%93-Proj-e1525446082710.png

Bug when installed but disabled.

• XF\Db\Exception: Job XF:Feeder: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'like_users' doesn't have a default value
  • src\XF\Db\AbstractStatement.php:212

Other addons will then need to work around your addon
Let imaging you have sequence AAABBB, and you need replace AB to ACB and AAB to AADB at once. You can't to id, because replaces phrases mutually exclusive. You can use only first or second replace phrase. After first one replacement you should have AAACBBB, and there no AAB pattern. Same for second replace phrase AAADBBB have no AB substring. This is problem description...

Yes, I use the demo portal: https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/lets-build-an-add-on/#modifying-the-forum-edit-form

I don't see why both can't work together. Is your addon not compatible with other addons editing the forum_edit admin template? Or is the issue from the demo portal? Considering the portal is made by the developers as a demo, I would assume they use the best practices and it's coded in a way to allow other addons to still hook into the template.

For anyone having the issue I was having:
1. Disable the portal addon or any other addon that modifies the value used by user voice.
2. Enable uservoice for whatever sections you'd like.
3. Re-enable your portal or other addon.

Hey,

This is an awesome add-don, thanks for making it. Unfortunately I'm having some problems with it and I don't have a clue on how to solve them.

The [prefix] bbcode is not working at all on my server. I don't know if there's a specific configuration I need to make on the prefixes in order for it to work.

The other problem is the vote count, it looks like it doesn't use the coefficient present under the options at all. It's always a sum of likes + dislikes. I've tried setting the coefficients to +1 and -1 in order to make a perfect count of likes - dislikes but it haven't changed anything :/

hi @WeaponOwl

after updating to XF2.1 the addon doesn't seem to work anymore ... everything is displayed correctly, new threads can be made in the designated sub-forum as well, but clicking any of the vote buttons doesn't actually change the vote numbers and when going into the thread - the voting button isn't visible at all

also - i'm getting this each time someone visits the uservoice sub-forum:

Code:
Server error log

InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'first_post_likes' on XF:Thread[442] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:194

Generated by: lashman Mar 2, 2019 at 5:44 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(106): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('first_post_like...')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s4/public/uservoice_thread_list_macros.php(366): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('first_post_like...')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(694): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s4/public/forum_view.php(425): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('uservoice_threa...', 'item', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1294): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Template\Templater), Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('forum_view', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Forum\\View', 'public:forum_vi...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#11 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(35) "/forums/suggestions-and-feedback.5/"
  ["referrer"] => string(74) "https://***/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

are there any plans for updating this addon for 2.1?

thanks for the reply in advance :)

Last edited:
Hm... Plans to update i have, but not yet look into XF2.1
Project i did it for not yet moved to 2.1, so was no reason to change yet
look like upgrading change tables or remove listeners... Better turn off addon for now

[Note: addon page have no flag about compability with 2.1]

Hm... Plans to update i have, but not yet look into XF2.1
Project i did it for not yet moved to 2.1, so was no reason to change yet
look like upgrading change tables or remove listeners... Better turn off addon for now

[Note: addon page have no flag about compability with 2.1]

yeah, i know it doesn't say it's compatible with 2.1 :P i was just wondering if you're planning on updating it at all, that's all ... and thanks for the reply! :)

Top Bottom