Usernotes for the Staff [Deleted]

Very odd bug - my mods were trying to add a user note for somebody, but his "user notes" are full of @Daniel Hood 's Bookmarks add-on, and clicking on "Bookmarks" tab brings up his user notes. Heh.

Screenshot-at-Feb-21-20-13-48.webp

Thanks, very neat add-on.

One thing which would really be great is to be able to upload files/pictures in the editor.

:)

I will be looking into making an importer for this to import usernotes from vb 3.8 and 4.x

ExtraLicense updated Usernotes for the Staff with a new update entry:

Import usernotes from vBulletin 3.7/3.8x & vBulletin 4.x

With this update you can now import usernotes from vBulletin 3.7/3.8x and
vBulletin 4.x.

CHANGELOG:
1.2.4:
- Added usernotes importer for vBulletin 3.7/3.8 usernotes
- Added usernotes importer for vBulletin 4.x usernotes
- Deprecated the DisccusionMessage folder in favor of DataWriter so it is safe to remove that folder

Read the rest of this update entry...

All existing customers that have purchased this should receive the update email momentarily.

Hey there @kontrabass ,

Depending on what version of vBulletin you're importing from you would either use the vBulletin 3.7/3.8x or the 4.x importer that comes with XenForo. If you're still having trouble finding please feel to shoot me a message and I'll be more than happy to help you out :)

To go into more detail:

For importing vBulletin 3.7/3.8x usernotes
Tools->Import External Data->vBulletin 3.7/3.8x
For importing vBulletin 4x usernotes
Tools-> Import External Data-> vBulletin 4.x

Last edited:
You may want to update the description of the addon to indicate it's not just for XenForo 1.2 anymore.
Seeing that kind of made me uneasy, even with the compatibility area mentioning 1.3 and 1.4

Hey there @kontrabass ,

Depending on what version of vBulletin you're importing from you would either use the vBulletin 3.7/3.8x or the 4.x importer that comes with XenForo. If you're still having trouble finding please feel to shoot me a message and I'll be more than happy to help you out :)

To go into more detail:

For importing vBulletin 3.7/3.8x usernotes
Tools->Import External Data->vBulletin 3.7/3.8x
For importing vBulletin 4x usernotes
Tools-> Import External Data-> vBulletin 4.x
would this vb4 usernotes to XF work if using big board importer https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-importer-vbulletin-3-vbulletin-4-paid.52796/ ?

Import Usernotes seem to be greyed out

usernotes-import.webp

would this vb4 usernotes to XF work if using big board importer https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-importer-vbulletin-3-vbulletin-4-paid.52796/ ?

Import Usernotes seem to be greyed out

View attachment 105612
For your first question regarding the big board importer. I can talk to Slavik about that.

The reason why it's grayed out is because you need to do the following steps first:
  1. Import User groups
  2. Then Import Users
  3. Then you should be able to import User Notes.
If you need assistance with this please shoot me a message and I'll be more than happy to help with importing :)

-Kirk

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
How do permissions work on this? Right now, I only have one usergroup able to see and user user notes yet an admin that is not a member of that user group can see them and use them?

How do permissions work on this? Right now, I only have one usergroup able to see and user user notes yet an admin that is not a member of that user group can see them and use them?
Can View Usernotes:
Will show a tab on members profile called Usernotes
Can Create Usernote:
Will give you the editor where you can post your notes on the user.
Can Edit own Usernote:
Will allow you to edit your own usernotes that you've created.
Can Delete Own Usernote:
Will allow you to delete your own usernotes

--[Extra License] Usernotes Moderation Permissions--
Can Delete Usernote by anybody:
If you have usernotes posted by other staff members on the users profile you can get rid of them
Can Edit Usernote by anybody:
Lets say you have a moderating team that you you've enabled this permission form. Your moderators can edit any usernotes by other staff members that have created a usernote
Hard-delete Usernote by anybody:
Similar to like hard deleting a thread.
Undelete Usernotes:
will alllow you to undelete usernotes
View deleted Usernote:
Will allow you to see the usernote that has been deleted. Very similar functionality like showing a deleted post.

If you would want the admin to see and use them either edit the administrative usergroup permissions or add your administrators into secondary groups.
For the administrator group the permissions should already be set to allowing your to do moderation duties with the usernotes.

Hope this answers all your questions.

Can View Usernotes:
Will show a tab on members profile called Usernotes
Can Create Usernote:
Will give you the editor where you can post your notes on the user.
Can Edit own Usernote:
Will allow you to edit your own usernotes that you've created.
Can Delete Own Usernote:
Will allow you to delete your own usernotes

--[Extra License] Usernotes Moderation Permissions--
Can Delete Usernote by anybody:
If you have usernotes posted by other staff members on the users profile you can get rid of them
Can Edit Usernote by anybody:
Lets say you have a moderating team that you you've enabled this permission form. Your moderators can edit any usernotes by other staff members that have created a usernote
Hard-delete Usernote by anybody:
Similar to like hard deleting a thread.
Undelete Usernotes:
will alllow you to undelete usernotes
View deleted Usernote:
Will allow you to see the usernote that has been deleted. Very similar functionality like showing a deleted post.

If you would want the admin to see and use them either edit the administrative usergroup permissions or add your administrators into secondary groups.

Hope this answers all your questions.

This does not appear to be how it is working. I have granted only one admin usergroup access to User Notes but admins outside of that usergroup are able to see the User Notes.

This does not appear to be how it is working. I have granted only one admin usergroup access to User Notes but admins outside of that usergroup are able to see the User Notes.
If it's the default administrative group the permissions have been set already to allow them see usernotes and create usernotes.

I have this installed and it looks great so far. Is it possible to move the editing box below the notes rather than above them?

I have this installed and it looks great so far. Is it possible to move the editing box below the notes rather than above them?

Yes you can :)

Go to the following template - elusernotes_memberview

Find:
Code:
    <ol class="messageList messageSimpleList" id="usernotesList">
        <xen:foreach loop="$usernotes" value="$usernote">
            <xen:include template="elusernotes_profile_usernotemessage"/>
        </xen:foreach>
    </ol>
Remove and add it above
Code:
    <form action="{xen:link usernotes/save, $user}" method="post"