XF 1.4 Usergroup CSS colour not prioritizing.

Xantam

Hi all,

So I have a new usergroup for donators, naturally, gold coloured. My default usergroup colour is green.
jkUwS6W.png

783mT88.png

You can see the priorities are fine, donor goes above registered, the colours are fine as they do work to a degree.

However when the secondary usergroup (to registered) is assigned, the user gets the donor banner, but stays green.

YnN3ni4.png

I'm wondering what I've done wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ross

I did one better and did the enable/disable listeners on the config file to see if it was a plugin at all, and it had no effect.
No, that is NOT one better... because it does not disable any template modifications... you need to go into the add-ons list and disable the check box there (or at least that's been my understanding of it).

Unless things have changed, the rich usernames did not change color from default everywhere. I think @Liam W had an add-on out that forced it most places..

Does it work correctly in the postbit but not in the member cards?

What do you mean "only on manually edited users"?
Do you mean only on users that have the "Donators" added to the secondary manually?
If so, is the issue the promotions not running and adding the Donator group automatically to the secondary?

What do you mean "only on manually edited users"?
Do you mean only on users that have the "Donators" added to the secondary manually?
If so, is the issue the promotions not running and adding the Donator group automatically to the secondary?

We implemented a task on the website which promotes users secondary usergroups to donator if they are registered as such in an external database (not found in the forum one, literally external). The website will add donator to their secondary usergroups if they are in the database.

It does that, it gives then the golden donor banner. It however does not change their username colour.

So we ran some tests, and found that by manually editing user X to donator, it changed the name. But if we let the system automatically do it, the name doesn't change colour but clearly they have been assigned the usergroup.

We implemented a task on the website which promotes users secondary usergroups to donator if they are registered as such in an external database (not found in the forum one, literally external). The website will add donator to their secondary usergroups if they are in the database.
How is that process being handled?

Is it via a custom add-on/function or using the built in user group promotion feature?

Top Bottom