XF 2.2 User upgrades cancellation

Hello,

I'd like to offer user upgrades on my forum. Also I would like to use the build in xenforo user upgrades add-on to do so. Instead of one-time payments, the users should subscribe tho (recurring payment) and get billed each billing cycle automatically. My question is now: Are users able to cancel subscriptions in the user upgrade section on the forum aswell? So they don't need to cancel manually on paypal or stripe, since that would decrease user experience a lot.

Thanks

I can't remember how it works on PayPal but with Stripe there's a button to cancel on the site.

It's a little clunky because it still looks like it's not cancelled after the pop up window and pressing cancel so I hope XF fixes that in a future release.

(There's still a cancel button and no indication that cancel button was pressed on upgrade page after it was pressed)

Ahh, I've never used Stripe so wasn't aware of that.

For PP it definitely needs to be done in the account though.
Is a user upgrades interface for subscriptions on xenforo planned anytime soon (atleast for forum users to subscribe/cancel onsite)? And what about the problem with stripe, mentioned by @cdub ? If I understood it correctly, currently a user has to cancel stripe subs onsite (but that seems to be buggy) and paypal subs can be started onsite but have to get canceled within the paypal dashboard. All this makes the subscription process kind of messy for the customers, since they have to act differently depending on what payment methode they use.

If this is not planned to include onsite subscribing/canceling, is there another way to manage subscriptions uniformly on xenforo (e.g. an add-on)?

@cdub do you experience the bug you have described above also when using one-time payments with stripe? Or is it only occuring when using recurring payments?
The need to cancel only applies to subscription.

It's not really a bug per se just really annoying.

There's a cancel button to cancel the subscription. It brings up a confirmation prompt to confirm you want to cancel.

Click yes and there's no indication that it has been cancelled by the user upgrade.

Click cancel again and then it says the cancel failed because it may already have been cancelled. I've changed the phrasing on that error prompt so it's less confusing to people but XF should fix it so it shows that it's cancelled on the user upgrade page.

The cancel button works it's just confusing to the end user.

There's already a different thread up for it and I've asked paid registrations developer if they can do something with their add-on but they appear to be MIA.

XF said it was not a bug. Maybe we should do a suggestion thread so they can add it to native XF.

The need to cancel only applies to subscription.

It's not really a bug per se just really annoying.

There's a cancel button to cancel the subscription. It brings up a confirmation prompt to confirm you want to cancel.

Click yes and there's no indication that it has been cancelled by the user upgrade.

Click cancel again and then it says the cancel failed because it may already have been cancelled. I've changed the phrasing on that error prompt so it's less confusing to people but XF should fix it so it shows that it's cancelled on the user upgrade page.

The cancel button works it's just confusing to the end user.

There's already a different thread up for it and I've asked paid registrations developer if they can do something with their add-on but they appear to be MIA.

XF said it was not a bug. Maybe we should do a suggestion thread so they can add it to native XF.
I see. Yes probably its a good idea to submit a suggestion. Although one dev said "noted" in 2020, so thats already 2 years and nothing has happend. Seems like chances are low.

To me the monetization of the forum is probably one of the key features. As a forum owner you want to atleast get your costs back and a flawless monetization system is the base for that. Also, if you compare it to other forum software providers, you can see that others offer working subscriptions and even a full onsite integrated payment management.

I think xenforo should improve on the user upgrades feature with some better ux for the forum members in general. I am not expecting a full on e-commerce system, but just basic onsite upgrade management.

I agree. There needs to be a way to cancel a subscription on the site. The 'its on paypal' doesn't fly - partly because if a user uses a credit card without having a paypal acct then there is no way for them to cancel it on paypal.

From a user's perspective, the subscription originates on the forum, not paypal. It should be cancelled from there by the user.

Maybe we should do a suggestion thread so they can add it to native XF.

Yes probably its a good idea to submit a suggestion.

I agree. There needs to be a way to cancel a subscription on the site.

Top Bottom